Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The LOL was for this statement about people stock piling toilet paper.

----------------------
News Flash.
A block of 1000 public housing units in Victoria has just been quarantined because about 100 people from the units have tested positive for covid19.

----------
Pubs and clubs were opened last night in some states and thousands went there and social distancing laws went out the windows. Nobody complied with them.

All I have to say about this is "What the hell did you think was going to happen?" Stupid government expecting drunk and stoned people to comply with social distancing laws in a pub or night club. Like really, how dumb are they?

---------
55,000 new cases in the US yesterday, oh that's bad :(
The US government is letting it spread and is going for herd immunity.
@Colin_T Actually, most US states are requiring masks anytime in public now. States are holding or reverting back to lock downs and restrictions. Heavy fines for breaking any restrictions. You are even required to wear gloves or use a rag when holding the nozzle of gas pump. 6’ distancing is clearly marked in public places and hand sanitizer is provided in most public places. Disinfectant spray is available to disinfect grocery carts. Beach’s have been closed again in most States along with public pools. Not sure how these steps are encouraging herd immunity. More false news, I’m afraid. :(

Do you mean fuplies?

The auto correct on JuiceBox52's phone for some reason doesn't know the word guppy so it corrects it to fuplie which isn't even a word. After she reported that, it has become the new substitute instead of a swear word :)
Thank you Essjay.

Your explanation is more succinct than mine would have been.

Colin_T remans the King of Fuplie Swears, though. :D:D:D

Oh well I wonder why she left him?

Screenshot from 2020-07-04 16-57-00.png

@Colin_T Actually, most US states are requiring masks anytime in public now. States are holding or reverting back to lock downs and restrictions. Heavy fines for breaking any restrictions. You are even required to wear gloves or use a rag when holding the nozzle of gas pump. 6’ distancing is clearly marked in public places and hand sanitizer is provided in most public places. Disinfectant spray is available to disinfect grocery carts. Beach’s have been closed again in most States along with public pools. Not sure how these steps are encouraging herd immunity. More false news, I’m afraid. :(
It's good they are taking those steps but it's too little too late.

The map I saw showing infections across the US showed virtually the entire country had infections and when 55,000 people are being confirmed as infected each day, that's just out of control.

Herd immunity was coming from Trump's behaviour regarding this, no mask, encouraging 4th July celebrations and doing speeches at Mount Rushmore.

Here's hoping you lot have all stock piled and are keeping safe.

It's good they are taking those steps but it's too little too late.

The map I saw showing infections across the US showed virtually the entire country had infections and when 55,000 people are being confirmed as infected each day, that's just out of control.

Herd immunity was coming from Trump's behaviour regarding this, no mask, encouraging 4th July celebrations and doing speeches at Mount Rushmore.

Here's hoping you lot have all stock piled and are keeping safe.
I stopped stock piling. Have enough TP to last quite some time.

Crazy

Police officer:
""Finished my late shift with the @HantsPolice Southampton City late shift. A busy shift, we dealt with anti-social behaviour, naked men, possession of class 'A' drugs, happy drunks, angry drunks, fights, more angry drunks and was called a fascist pig by somebody we tried to help!"

Crazy

Police officer:
""Finished my late shift with the @HantsPolice Southampton City late shift. A busy shift, we dealt with anti-social behaviour, naked men, possession of class 'A' drugs, happy drunks, angry drunks, fights, more angry drunks and was called a fascist pig by somebody we tried to help!"

A friend of mine's a critical care nurse. She says that every time there is even aa minor easing of the restrictions, A&E is awash again with drunks(alcohol poisoning and fights) and car crash victims - some alcohol related, other just thinking "there's nothing on the roads these days, I can drive as fast as I like down this narrow, winding country lane with nil visibility of what is around the next very sharp bend . . ".

People are stupid beyond belief.

A friend of mine's a critical care nurse. She says that every time there is even aa minor easing of the restrictions, A&E is awash again with drunks(alcohol poisoning and fights) and car crash victims - some alcohol related, other just thinking "there's nothing on the roads these days, I can drive as fast as I like down this narrow, winding country lane with nil visibility of what is around the next very sharp bend . . ".

People are stupid beyond belief.

Well a few people have been caught doing over 100mph.

Heard them last night shouting in the streets and cars racing up and down. This is going to end badly. Went down to the shop this morning and about 1/3 of the people are acting as if its all over and there is nothing to worry about.

Heard them last night shouting in the streets and cars racing up and down. This is going to end badly. Went down to the shop this morning and about 1/3 of the people are acting as if its all over and there is nothing to worry about.
The infection numbers are shooting up locally.

And apparently nationally the 'R' is higher than when we went into lockdown.

The number of infected people in the eastern states of Australia is increasing too. And the stupid WA government is still letting football players into WA from those covid19 hotspots. The dumb government is going to infect everyone in WA just for a stupid football match.

The people in my country are halfwits. Willing to put everyone's lives at risk purely for a sport. God forbid they just cancel this years football. Oh no, we can't do that, we want to watch football.

There is 50 years worth of football in the television studio archives, just watch that.

Then we have the motor racing. For the first half of this year the motor racing was put on hold and they did e-racing. They got the drivers and put them on a computer simulator, then connected them all up. It was great and was extremely realistic. It didn't use any fossil fuels and caused next to no damage to the environment (apart from power used to run the games). Then last week, they went back to real racing where thousands of people interact with each other and they use thousands of litres of fossil fuel and pollute the environment with huge amounts of toxic gasses.

I am so fed up with the human race and its complete disregard for the planet that keeps us all alive.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back