Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
We have 2 hospitals in my area at full capacity on ICU beds now. Worse than first round was. But idiot bar owners are suing the state for forcing them to close down again.
That seems to be the thing in the US, someone upsets you, sue them. Someone looks at you the wrong way, sue them. Someone tries to save people's lives, sue them.

I'm pretty sure the US legal system is shut down for covid19 now so how do these people plan on suing anyone?

Sorry, but the American legal system is over the top when it comes to people suing each other.

That seems to be the thing in the US, someone upsets you, sue them. Someone looks at you the wrong way, sue them. Someone tries to save people's lives, sue them.

I'm pretty sure the US legal system is shut down for covid19 now so how do these people plan on suing anyone?

Sorry, but the American legal system is over the top when it comes to people suing each other.
You’ll here no arguments from me there.

Wow

Oh - how sad. That poor bride.

Indian weddings are famous for (literally) hundreds of guests, and for festivities lasting several days. Awful as it seems, I wouldn't be surprised if there are even more people who turn out to be infected.

Over 520,000 confirmed deaths total worldwide from one virus! A vaccine has to be found!

Over 520,000 confirmed deaths total worldwide from one virus! A vaccine has to be found!
That's going to go up a lot higher. You lot in the US could lose 15-30 million people if it wipes out 5-10% of your population. If it kills 5% of the world's population, then potentially 375million people could die from it within one year.

Africa and India are losing thousands every day but a lot of people in Africa aren't being reported as dead because they are miles from the nearest town.

Russia is losing people, as is South America, the middle east and right through Indonesia and New Guinea.

Oh - how sad. That poor bride.

Indian weddings are famous for (literally) hundreds of guests, and for festivities lasting several days. Awful as it seems, I wouldn't be surprised if there are even more people who turn out to be infected.

How on earth do they get hundreds of guests???

How on earth do they get hundreds of guests???
it's traditional to offer hospitality to everyone in the village (for village weddings) as well as neighbours work colleagues, friends (however distant) and of course, all family members including very distant members of extended family.

An(Hindu) colleague of mine went to India to have her wedding. She and her husband were both born in the UK, but their parents were immigrants. The weddings were in India so that large numbers of family members and friends could attend, because most of the family still lived there, but they had relatives who lived and worked all over Europe who were invited to the celebrations, Not everybody is invited for the full umpteen days of the ceremony, but it is regarded as good fortune to invite a large number, and also their families would feel embarrassed not to invite everyone. They are very expensive celebrations.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back