Coral Question,anemone..seaseme Seeds?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

meso81

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey guys.. its been awhile... Haven t had much time to get on here.

Everything in the tank is going well.. Everyone is getting along and my anemone is still thriving.. Also..I have some pylop coral and
I noticed today after my anemone finally moved his fat ass that 1 single pylop coral was back there.. Im new with the whole coral thing but I thought they pretty much grouped together.. This guy was on the other side of the tank.. Can somebody lecture me a little bit on the nature of this beautiful beast? Also, I noticed from time to time that my anemone seems like he sheds from time to time, like shrimp do but its more mocusy... Is this a trait all invertabrates do when shedding an outer skin? Im sure its a question of science nature but again these are new discoveries to me. also, A while back I discovered these white seaseme seed looking things the size of a pin head on the back of my glass.. now there all over my glass..Any ideas on this seedy looking organism?

I will try to get pictures if no one knows from the top of there head..

Thank you

Gonna need pics of the nem, and the coral for sure. The white sesame seed lookin things are miniature fan worms. Good filter feeders

Heres a pic of that lonely single pylop coral.. He is on the other side of the tank.. far away from his herd :rolleyes:

What is the nature of this creature?

iTS IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS PIC. Also I have an abandance of the green algea.. what kind os this and what can I do to control it?
lonely pylop coral
Picture136.jpg

might be a lone hitchiker on your LR i know i have a few dotted around my tank that are hitchikers.

This guy didnt show face untill I introduced the Pylop coral I bought from my LFS. and he appeared about a month later.

Is it possible he might have came from the coral I bought?

This guy didnt show face untill I introduced the Pylop coral I bought from my LFS. and he appeared about a month later.

Could be. Sometimes zoos and palys shed a polyp or two, or one is even removed by a fish or invert. If so they can float around till they find a place they stick and re-attach there.

Could be. Sometimes zoos and palys shed a polyp or two, or one is even removed by a fish or invert. If so they can float around till they find a place they stick and re-attach there.

Is it possible to grow more from this guy? by the way I saw you were trying to get rid of some mushies fletch..I would like to get some from you.. thank you

If he finds the conditions favorable then he will probably start dividing and making more...

As fdor the green algae, i generaly find tha the green algae comes along when the lights are on for to long

If he finds the conditions favorable then he will probably start dividing and making more...

As fdor the green algae, i generaly find tha the green algae comes along when the lights are on for to long

I have them on a timer, Whats the best time cycle I should use?

I'll be happy to hook you up with some shrooms Meso, but it won't be till I upgrade the tank. Think like a month or two before I'll be able to get them out to you, but I'll save you some :)

Most reactions

trending

Back