Cool cars?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Funny story about a 66 SS396 Chevelle I had back in the late 70's I believe. It was bronze with a white top and white interior and it was NOT stock. They had just come out with the little 4 cylinder turbo - I believe it was 1979 - on a Ford Mustang and this kid who was driving one came and pulled up next to me. For several lights he did a burnout at every light, wanting me to race with him. I was married at that time and my former husband had said absolutely no racing - LOL. But after about 4 lights I'd had all I could take. I knew all the decals on the Mustang was not going to make it go any faster. It was the first year for the Fox body Mustangs and this kid thought he was the bomb. So at probably the fifth light I had the clutch in and was building the rpm's and when the light changed I launched that Chevelle - laid rubber all over the place and blew the kid in the Mustang away. Then I hear this whomp - whomp - whomp sound and pulled over. When I dumped the clutch, I had sheared off 4 lug bolts on one rear wheel and 3 on the other and that whomp whomp whomp was the wheel wobbling. I had to be towed home - try explaining how you "accidentally" launched the car so hard you broke off most of the rear lug nuts - LOL.

Funny story about a 66 SS396 Chevelle I had back in the late 70's I believe. It was bronze with a white top and white interior and it was NOT stock. They had just come out with the little 4 cylinder turbo - I believe it was 1979 - on a Ford Mustang and this kid who was driving one came and pulled up next to me. For several lights he did a burnout at every light, wanting me to race with him. I was married at that time and my former husband had said absolutely no racing - LOL. But after about 4 lights I'd had all I could take. I knew all the decals on the Mustang was not going to make it go any faster. It was the first year for the Fox body Mustangs and this kid thought he was the bomb. So at probably the fifth light I had the clutch in and was building the rpm's and when the light changed I launched that Chevelle - laid rubber all over the place and blew the kid in the Mustang away. Then I hear this whomp - whomp - whomp sound and pulled over. When I dumped the clutch, I had sheared off 4 lug bolts on one rear wheel and 3 on the other and that whomp whomp whomp was the wheel wobbling. I had to be towed home - try explaining how you "accidentally" launched the car so hard you broke off most of the rear lug nuts - LOL.
Oh,Linda! That so could have been me. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back