Cool cars?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Actually, my hubbie would love to redo a bug. My sister’s boyfriend then husband drove a VW van in high school. Wish I could get my hands on that!

Actually, my hubbie would love to redo a bug. My sister’s boyfriend then husband drove a VW van in high school. Wish I could get my hands on that!
You tell your Old Man that a bug engine can be turned into an all out Chevy eater. There are Bugs out there that are fire breathers. If you could get your hands on a 21 window Type 2 you'd really have something. And I just have to get this off my chest to the youngsters around here. Plastic is for model cars not real ones. Nobody is going to be collecting or restoring this generations cars forty years from now. Nothing paints up like sheet metal for luster or brilliance. All the clear coat in the world won't help plastic. And don't forget the chrome. Real shiny chrome is mandatory on a cool car. So put that in your fast and furious and smoke it. :)

Am I missing something. I thought most modern cars were mostly made of metal. Metal frame, metal body parts, metal exhaust etc. Maybe plastic bumper covers and plastic housing for the side view mirrors, plastic headlights and tail lights, and a few interior pieces but that's about it.

Am I missing something. I thought most modern cars were mostly made of metal. Metal frame, metal body parts, metal exhaust etc. Maybe plastic bumper covers and plastic housing for the side view mirrors, plastic headlights and tail lights, and a few interior pieces but that's about it.
Afraid you are missing something. Bumpers, fenders, mirrors are all plastic. Grills are plastic and most everything else is a generic puzzle piece sourced from Asia. Look at the lights. All the same. The wheels, all the same. If you don't see the emblem on the grill or wheels I defy you to tell a Kia from a Honda from a Hyundai from a Mazda. Even Ford is blending into this bland maelstrom. Does anyone besides me prize individual style ? Mr. Peabody, fire up the Wayback Machine, I want to go back to the sixties and seventies.

Back in the day, I drove a 1967 Torqouise Ford Galaxie 500 Convertible. That was a great car to be seen in on a hot summer day with the top down. Car was something similar to this but in Torquoise Blue.

6328067-1967-ford-galaxie-500-std.jpg

6328065-1967-ford-galaxie-500-std.jpg

6328069-1967-ford-galaxie-500-std.jpg

You tell your Old Man that a bug engine can be turned into an all out Chevy eater. There are Bugs out there that are fire breathers. If you could get your hands on a 21 window Type 2 you'd really have something. And I just have to get this off my chest to the youngsters around here. Plastic is for model cars not real ones. Nobody is going to be collecting or restoring this generations cars forty years from now. Nothing paints up like sheet metal for luster or brilliance. All the clear coat in the world won't help plastic. And don't forget the chrome. Real shiny chrome is mandatory on a cool car. So put that in your fast and furious and smoke it. :)
And my hubbie is out their buffing as we speak. The car he is working on now is a model of the car my Daddy bought me for graduation. He said he was building it for me but the closer it gets to being finished, the more I wonder who’s car it really is. Lol!

Back in the day, I drove a 1967 Torqouise Ford Galaxie 500 Convertible. That was a great car to be seen in on a hot summer day with the top down. Car was something similar to this but in Torquoise Blue.

6328067-1967-ford-galaxie-500-std.jpg

6328065-1967-ford-galaxie-500-std.jpg

6328069-1967-ford-galaxie-500-std.jpg
Very nice!

And what model of car would he be working on "for you"

Your Daddy was really good to you! Nice Camaro

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back