Confirmation of my thoughts and research for my first tank.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

@Sprizmo
Your tank looks amazing! I'm just starting a planted tank myself. I love your piece of wood 🥰
Do you remember the name of the grass like stuff you have? It looks like something that I would like in my tank.
The bits of moss on the rocks and wood? That’s moss, I will get the name for you when I get back home. It’s from tropica, literally super glued onto the rock! The wood is English bogwood, got it from wildwoods in Enfield.

The bits of moss on the rocks and wood? That’s moss, I will get the name for you when I get back home. It’s from tropica, literally super glued onto the rock! The wood is English bogwood, got it from wildwoods in Enfield.
That's moss?? Wow! It's so long. (runs off to Google bogwood)

There’s tropica substrate under black gravel, then black Limpopo sand in top. Originally was going to have gravel but the rainbowfish prefer sand so got some black sand to go over. All neutral so no effect on the pH
Have you added a source of ammonia or is that the substrate leaching through?

Wills

Think I have come into my first problem. Noticed this morning that there was something on my thermometer that wasn't there yesterday.
Looks like some spiders web and didn't smell that nice when I took it out. Only on the thermometer so that's been taken out and all trace of the white stuff has been removed.
Had a look on the internet and it seems to be a bacterial/fungal issue? What do I need to do?

pH is still 7.4
Ammonia is at 4ppm
Nitrates 0.5ppm
Nitrates at 10ppm

Attachments

• Thermo Fungal3.jpg
    Thermo Fungal3.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Thermo Fungal.jpg
    Thermo Fungal.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Thermo Fungal2.jpg