concerns about new betta, beginner keeper

Welcome to TFF

The purpose of Prime (and other water conditioners) is not to "treat" the tank, it is to treat new water being introduced TO the tank.

Welcome to TFF

The purpose of Prime (and other water conditioners) is not to "treat" the tank, it is to treat new water being introduced TO the tank.
I wanted to say this but it felt hypocritical cause I have used aqua essential as a temporary solution for my tank when it had a small ammonia spike and I couldnt do a WC...

Welcome to TFF

would adding some dr tim’s nitrifying bacteria speed up the fish in cycling process? I have stability that im dosing after water changes but i’m not sure if it’s all that effective. The 50% changes every day aren’t too difficult but my parents get pretty pissed at me lugging buckets around so any way to speed it up would be helpful! hopefully it won’t take as long since i did attempt a fishless cycle…

Adding some liquid filter bacteria will normally help speed things up. I recommend adding a double dose every day for a week and then pouring the remaining contents into the tank. Try to add the bacteria near the filter intake so it gets drawn into the filter where it belongs.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back