compatable fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

zull

Reaction score
I'm am very new at this, i have posted in other sections and have gotten great results.

I have 60 gallon tank with 3 parrot fish, 2 opline gouramies, 2 gold gouramies and 1 large pleco (my husbands). The parrots rule the tank, but they leave the gourmies alone, unless they get to close. We have tried neon tetras, i think they were to small, the parrots hunted them down. I would like to go to some slower moving fish or bigger schooling fish. Any suggestions. :huh:

How about a shoal of tiger barbs, they grow too big for the parrots to eat and move fairly quickly while adding a nice splash of colour to the tank. Id recomend around 10 to get a nice shoal going :nod:

Only with fish that have long fancy fins and if not kept in a big enough shoal, since you have a reasonably large tank and can fit a fair few tigers in there and your other fish are known fin nippers anyway i cant see it being a problem.

thanks CFC, my husband wanted the get them and I wounldn,t let him, because I didn't want them picking on my parrots, he will be happy now. thanks.

as ive read in loads of posts & in my own experience tigers/green barbs are fine AS long as theyre in a group of 6 or more. then they just create mischief among themselves & leave everything else alone. theyre brilliant little characters & great fun to watch. good luck if you decide to get some ;)

What tiger barbs say is "if another fishes fins are nicer then theres then there fins must go" :p

I think thats how it goes, well its close atleast :fun:

Damien

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back