Compact But High Zoom Cameras.

Luketendo

BLENNY :O
Reaction score
Ok, my mum wants a compact camera with high zoom.

She wants a 150 quid or less camera with 5x or more optical zoom. Also no Mini SLR cameras like the Fujifilm S series. It has to be very small too so she can take it into gigs. I want it to be good too.

(Try and make it good for taking fish pictures too, as I want to use it.)

Thanks, I was looking at the Samsung S85, 100 pound 5x zoom good write up on trusted reviews.

That's a good option, as would be the Pentax Optio Z10 which has a 7x optical zoom and 8 megapixels. It's very compact as well (perhaps more so than the Samsung). I can find it in the USA for $219 which I think works out to be about 106 pounds.

SLC

Amazon has it and it's 166 quid, which is generally the cheapest you can get.

Didn't get as good a review on trusted reviews either. The S85 got 8 for everything, except value which it scored 10/10.

I always forget that things are more expensive over there, you can't simply do the currency exchange and call it good.

Here you can get the Pentax for what would be the same as 106 pounds there, and I've heard tons of good stuff about it. That samsung would be nice too, they are great little cameras.

SLC

panasonic have rather nice compact cameras. the dmc lz3 is around £110 has 5 mega pixels and 6 optical zoom. or there is the dmc tz1 which has a 10 optical zoom, but is over your buget. you can always shop around.

Most reactions

Back