The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

MisterTom

Reaction score
Hi! I have a 100 litre (22 UK gallon, 26 US gallon) Tropical Fish Tank which I Have had set up for a few years, but now, most of the old fish have died. I'd now like to start afresh, with a community tank. Currently, All I have in there is a bulldog catfish. Ideally, I'd like to have a tank with some relatively easy to keep small-medium shoalling fish that are also quite active in the water (ie don't hide most of the day or nocturnal. Im Thinking something like: zebra danios, neon tetras, black random tetras, pentazona barbs, corydoras. Any ideas, would be very grateful.
Tank Setup-
Slightly Hard water, due to our local water supply.
Medium sized gravel
1 Medium Piece of bogwood (can buy more if necessary)
2 Medium Rocks (can buy more if necessary)

If anyone wants anymore tank information, please ask, And I will test my water and let you know.

It would help if you could further identify the "bulldog catfish," as my search turned up nothing but bulldog puppies.

The GH (general hardness) number would be helpful, and the pH...these for your source (tap) water. Also the tank dimensions; length can be more important for some fish than volume. And everything mentioned is shoaling, so groups of the species are important.

You did mention corydoras, and a group of these might be possible, but I would recommend changing the gravel to sand if corys are in the picture. The substrate change will be much easier now than later., by which I mean now before new fish arrive. The water parameters will help us sort this out.

Byron.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back