Clown Loaches Spawning

Dando

New Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Points
0
:hyper: Its official this morning iv had 25 little clown loach babies hatch! Im new to these guys spawning what do I do? :unsure:
 
Wow congratulations, I have to say I am dubious as there are literally a hand full of cases when this has happened can we see pics of the parents :) How did you do it bet you have a massive tank if you have achieved this:) Im quite interested to know at what size clowns start breeding I allways assumed it was when adult but I could believe some 6-8 inchers could spawn. So yeah more info and pics please and congratulations again :)

Wills
 
There isn't much info on breeding these guys, if it were me I'd probably treat them in the same way I would corys. IE, put them in a small substrateless tank with a sponge filter. Then feed liquifry.

I see where wills is coming from...I would like to see pics of the parents too if possible. And did you actually see them spawn? Or are you guessing they were clown eggs?
If you're just guessing then what else was in the tank at the time the eggs were laid?
 
Are you serious mate?
If yes speak with helterskelter, hes being studying and is soon to head a project into breeding clown loache's, it's very very difficult and i think anyone who has bred these have artifically collected egg's and sperm from the parent's,,,,Picture's would be a good start, also document every single thing you can, ie- water temp / water condition's like ph etc, what filteration your using and the condition of the tank/layout of tank/size of the parent's/what you have been feeding the parent's/your maintainence routine etc, any little thing you can think of, start posting all on this same thread..... :good:

Is there anything in the tank with them, if so remove every tank mate and leave only the parent's,, hopefully helterskelter wont be too far behind, and congratulation's
 

Most reactions

Back
Top