Close call story with fry

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

VioletThePurple

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I was doing a water change when I noticed one of my platy fry in the bucket. I had already dumped out most of the water. I probably didn't notice him at first because water isn't the only thing that gets sucked out (Gunk, fish poop, my sand if I'm not careful). Since the bucket was nearly empty, there was only a sliver of water left. So, I looked for the net. I had apparently misplaced it. Instead, I just grabbed him with my hand and put him back in. Thankfully he's fine. Maybe a little shocked from being out of water. I wanted to make sure he didn't dry up.

I need to remember to thoroughly look into the bucket before dumping it out in the future.

I was doing a water change when I noticed one of my platy fry in the bucket. I had already dumped out most of the water. I probably didn't notice him at first because water isn't the only thing that gets sucked out (Gunk, fish poop, my sand if I'm not careful). Since the bucket was nearly empty, there was only a sliver of water left. So, I looked for the net. I had apparently misplaced it. Instead, I just grabbed him with my hand and put him back in. Thankfully he's fine. Maybe a little shocked from being out of water. I wanted to make sure he didn't dry up.

I need to remember to thoroughly look into the bucket before dumping it out in the future.
When I had really small fry I put a cover on the siphon, but I also used a flashlight to look into the bucket for little fry... Every now and then I'd find one but after I used the cover, I don't think I found any.

Glad you spotted them!

Happened to me before. I have been extra careful ever since. ;)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back