Cleaning The Glass On The Outside

Great. I will follow this advice in future. I posted after I sprayed windowlene directly onto the tank then panicked thinking "what if it gets into the tank?" I may do a partial water change tomorrow just in case. They seem now fine anyway!

L
 
that seems a bit radical Wilder, have you had a bad experience?

No.
Always used glass cleaner and never had a problem.
If you spray on a cloth away from the tank the fish should be fine.
Vinegar works a treat aswell.
 
windolene for me as well spray cloth, and rub, buff with kleenex or one of them spondex cloths.

never had any probs, and I dont lift the lid for a while afterwards.
 
If you buy one of those microfibre cloths that most supermarkets are selling these days you can buff your tank glass pristine without the use of any chemicals at all...

If there are any stubborn water splash marks on the outside, just wet them with some damp kitchen roll, then buff with the microfibre cloth until sparkly clear.

I'm hooked on these cloths - use them in the bathroom for shining up taps, mirrors, glass, door handles, knobs etc - they are brill!

Athena
 
I can second vinegar for cleaning glass - worked in a chippy when I was younger and nothing cleaned greasy, dirty glass better than vinegar and chip wrapping paper.
 
I'm going to sound niave here, but ... how do you use chip shop paper and vinegar to clean glass? Do you just soak the paper in vinegar and rub the tank with it? How does it work?

L
 
that seems a bit radical Wilder, have you had a bad experience?

No.
Always used glass cleaner and never had a problem.
If you spray on a cloth away from the tank the fish should be fine.
Vinegar works a treat aswell.

lol i meant the "in another room" bit

I'm going to sound niave here, but ... how do you use chip shop paper and vinegar to clean glass? Do you just soak the paper in vinegar and rub the tank with it? How does it work?

L

just put vinegar on the paper and rub, no need to soak it
 
Aye, it doesn't soak up - its partially grease proof - and doesn't really make sense how it works, but it does.
 
Aye, it doesn't soak up - its partially grease proof - and doesn't really make sense how it works, but it does.

well i would use old newsprint, never tried fish shop wrapper. chip shop paper should soak up th same as news print, that is what it is for after all.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top