Christmas dinner...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Flushable Pets

Fishaholic
2x Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Christmas is upon us. I know I'm not alone going all out on Christmas dinner. Although I do all the cooking in our home, I especially enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. This year I am going with just the basics. What is everyone else making for Christmas dinner? I'm breaking tradition this year. I have always made a bird, but I'm doing a traditional ham this year (because what better way to celebrate the birth of a Jew than by making pork products, right?). Our Christmas won't be celebrated until the 28th due to work, but most of y'all who celebrate will be doing so tomorrow.

So... What's on your Christmas dinner menu? Pictures and recipes are encouraged. Is there any dish that you look forward to more than others or one that stands out among the rest? For those of you that do not celebrate Christmas, the Pets family still extends out our warmest holiday wishes and we would love to have you participate as well.

I am making:

Brown sugar and mustard glazed ham
Cream cheese mashed potatoes
Sweet potato casserole
Green bean casserole
Beef gravy
Sausage stuffing
Pecan pie
Peanut butter and butterscotch haystacks

My wife is making:

Cream cheese and black olive sandwiches
Dark chocolate fudge
Pepperoni and mozzarella slices with Ritz and butter crackers

Then of course canned cranberry sauce, both whole and jellied.

As far as standout or favorite dishes, my family is torn. My wife and I vote for my sweet potato casserole or pecan pie, my sister says my mashed potatoes. I'll add recipes later if anyone wants to try my personal recipes.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of our friends here at TFF. May you all have a wonderful, blessed holiday season. Cheers from the Pets family: Ben, Tasha, Saoirse and Shadow.

Yum. Sounds delicious! We are having:
Prime Rib with horseradish sauce
Bacon wrapped asparagus
Brocolli cheese casserole
Pasta salad
Augrautin potatoes
Rolls
Cheese cake, fudge, decorated cookies, bread pudding, pumpkin pie
I think that’s it. 22 of us! Merry Christmas from The Bordelon Family! Tom, Debbie, Kristin, Rachel, Mike, Mark, Nick, Shane, Kayla, Jules, Caleb, Maddie, Landon, Ashy, Emma, Abby, Preslee, McKenna, Kyndale, Annie, Oliver, and Elliott!

This year we’re having minted leg of lamb with a pain roast beef I do all the major cooking as my partner is in mom cooking I really over do Xmas dinner but it is yummy lol

Eh, not much really. Probably just an “on your own” dinner.

We are kinda big on lunch/dinner on Thanksgiving, but not so much Christmas. Christmas is more of just a chill day. ;)

The come here. You'll eat like a king. I'll send you back across the border looking like a tick about to pop. I know how boys your age eat. I'm prepared.

My wife and I both have trained backgrounds as chefs, so holiday dinners are always epic.

my wife loves her recipes, but they’re tried and true, she makes a spaghetti squash and Italian sausage casserole that’s amazing.

most of my family doesn’t to stuffing, but I love it, and I put Italian sausage, onions, celery, French baguette, sage, thyme, oregano and cooking that with our turkey stock.

wont be cooking the stuffing in the bird this year (I usually make enough to cook it in a separate dish anyways) as we’re doing a brined-spatchcock turkey this year...

day 2 of the brine with sage, oregano, peppercorn, bay leaves, onion and garlic:

F2D2741E-E8C6-4319-A872-43826129BD7D.jpeg

also cooked our turkey stock last night from the neck, wish and spine bones which I roasted nice and golden brown, that will be the base for the gravy.

Yukon gold smashed potatoes and I believe this year we’re doing green beans.

There’s a couple other side dishes we usually rotate in and out of the holiday dinner line up, but there’s only 6 of us in the house, so we cut them from the team this year.

for dessert, we’re having home made Oreo-candycane chocolate truffles, which would blow your mind.
image.jpg

Our son is cooking dinner for us (he's currently living with us as he and his wife separated a couple of months ago).
Son and husband will have a smoked salmon starter, made with whatever else my husband feels like putting on the plate (I don't like anything smoked so I'm not having a starter)
Main course - roast beef, low fat roast potatoes, sprouts, cauliflower, probably Yorkshire pudding.
Dessert - husband and son will have Christmas pudding, I'll have an apple. (No Christmas pudding for me as I'm a diet controlled type 2 diabetic. Besides, I've never really liked it :unsure: )

Our son is cooking dinner for us (he's currently living with us as he and his wife separated a couple of months ago).
Son and husband will have a smoked salmon starter, made with whatever else my husband feels like putting on the plate (I don't like anything smoked so I'm not having a stater)
Main course - roast beef, low fat roast potatoes, sprouts, cauliflower, probably Yorkshire pudding.
Desert - husband and son will have Christmas pudding, I'll have an apple. (No Christmas pudding for me as I'm a diet controlled type 2 diabetic. Besides, I've never really liked it :unsure: )
Sorry to hear about your son/daughter in law... :/

Ooo! I love roast beef. And potatoes. And sprouts. And cauliflower.

Pretty much if it’s food, I’ll take it. :fun::whistle:

@Flushable Pets I've been struck by the ham-for-christmas-and/or-Easter thing, too. :lol:

We usually do lamb for easter (passover, you know) and turkey for Christmas. This year we're departing from that, though. I'm smoking a prime rib. Green beans, cheesy hashbrowns, pumpkin pie, sparkling cider, and whatever other crazy stuff Mrs. Badger and the Badgerling picked up at the store the other day when I wasn't there to supervise.

(If I had been there, it would have been even worse)

Thanks to the unit I am living that is falling apart even though it's only 8 years old, and thanks to the real estate agents and owners who don't do work orders, I can't cook anything. And since my car crapped itself last night and I couldn't go to the shop, I am having a packet of potatoe chips and a can of tuna.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back