Christmas dinner...

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Thanks to the unit I am living that is falling apart even though it's only 8 years old, and thanks to the real estate agents and owners who don't do work orders, I can't cook anything. And since my car crapped itself last night and I couldn't go to the shop, I am having a packet of potatoe chips and a can of tuna.
That's sad, I wish I could share with you, Take care. ;)

Mmmmm Yorkshire pudding , is it just us in the uk that eats Yorkshire puddings

It's basically a pancake mix that is baked in the oven. It can be served as a dessert with sweet things like fruit or jam, but is more commonly served nowadays as an accompaniment to a meat dish. My mother used to make one large one which was cut into portions but most people cook them as individual portions.
Because they are made with eggs, the minimum amount you can make is with 1 egg. That makes too much for us (when it's just the two of us) so we cheat and buy ready made ones, and freeze the ones we don't use on the day.

Use the Yorkshire pudding as an edible plate, no messing about :rofl:

Reactions: kwi
If we're talking about a pudding in Holland, it should be something glutineous or like a jelly. But we're dutch... We're weird...!

Today we're having fried rice (the way my stepdad used to make it). It's a tribute to my stepdad. And roasted beef in a sweet madeira sauce.

I'm going to make BBQ ribs outside this afternoon. It's only 12 degrees F here.

We are having Ham, there will be plenty of leftovers since it is just the two of us. My wife loves making a big holiday meal. Hopefully next year we will be able to share it again with our family.

Christmas is upon us. I know I'm not alone going all out on Christmas dinner. Although I do all the cooking in our home, I especially enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. This year I am going with just the basics. What is everyone else making for Christmas dinner? I'm breaking tradition this year. I have always made a bird, but I'm doing a traditional ham this year (because what better way to celebrate the birth of a Jew than by making pork products, right?). Our Christmas won't be celebrated until the 28th due to work, but most of y'all who celebrate will be doing so tomorrow.

So... What's on your Christmas dinner menu? Pictures and recipes are encouraged. Is there any dish that you look forward to more than others or one that stands out among the rest? For those of you that do not celebrate Christmas, the Pets family still extends out our warmest holiday wishes and we would love to have you participate as well.

I am making:

Brown sugar and mustard glazed ham
Cream cheese mashed potatoes
Sweet potato casserole
Green bean casserole
Beef gravy
Sausage stuffing
Pecan pie
Peanut butter and butterscotch haystacks

My wife is making:

Cream cheese and black olive sandwiches
Dark chocolate fudge
Pepperoni and mozzarella slices with Ritz and butter crackers

Then of course canned cranberry sauce, both whole and jellied.

As far as standout or favorite dishes, my family is torn. My wife and I vote for my sweet potato casserole or pecan pie, my sister says my mashed potatoes. I'll add recipes later if anyone wants to try my personal recipes.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of our friends here at TFF. May you all have a wonderful, blessed holiday season. Cheers from the Pets family: Ben, Tasha, Saoirse and Shadow.
Wait that's quite a feed ....do your fish always eat that well?....:rofl:

IMG_20201225_143203.jpg

IMG_20201225_143155.jpg

This was our Xmas dinner :D

Hubby smoked a salmon all day Wednesday, and then we made a potato casserole and turnip casserole, a roast beef, green salad, beet salad, mushroom salad, and a few other accompaniments :):) super yummy!!

@Naterjm how did yours turn out?

Most reactions

Back