Chicosci's First 32L Planted Tank Journal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

chicosci

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just want to share my 32L betta planted tank.

7qj6.jpg

ar0c.jpg

6zmn.jpg

113ry.jpg

Equipment:
30CM Easy Tank
Hangon Filter with Ceramic Rings and Sponge.
PRO-LED-Z-12 Pro LED lights by Up Aqua.
Thermometer.
No need for a heater since I live in a tropical country.

Substrate:
Mr. Aqua Aquarium Soil

Livestock:
Red Double Tail Betta
Amano Shrimp
Pink Zebra Danios (Soon to be moved to another tank)
Some Ramshorn Snails.

Plants:
Dwarf Bacopa
Rotala Goias
Anubias Petite
2 Other Plants still waiting for an ID of the plants :)

Plant Supplement:
Azoo Carbon Plus for Co2 supplement.

How is my aquascape? Any advice from the experts? :) Im not sure if i placed my plants nicely hehe.
I'm new to the planted tank hobby. I previously have a 75G fresh water non-planted tank and a 100G Saltwater LR and fish only tank. They are now with a different owner. 

So far so good with the my Betta. He does not show any aggression with the tank-mates he has and vice-versa. Everyone is living harmoniously. 
yes.gif

Hope you enjoy my simple setup.
fish.gif

nice one chicosci!  Nice to see another person from the Philippines, keep up the good work!

Lovely set-up! Whatever pleases your eye is right so if you like it then that's all that matters!
Your betta is a very handsome chap!
Has the tank got a lid? Bettas are notorious jumpers - it would be awful to get up to a bettaless tank one morning!

some foreground plants could be good like hairgrass or tripartita :D

Looks nice!  You've got some awesome specimens of anubias petite there, lovely and bushy - personally I would have divided those up into smaller plants and spread them all over the wood.  My anubias petite grows pretty fast so you should have lots of bushy plants in no time!

daizeUK said:
Looks nice!  You've got some awesome specimens of anubias petite there, lovely and bushy - personally I would have divided those up into smaller plants and spread them all over the wood.  My anubias petite grows pretty fast so you should have lots of bushy plants in no time!
petite is the fastest growing anubias out there other than minima

Hi mamashack. Thanks. currently i dont have a lid but will be buying one. Im currently using a makeshift lid for the mean time
smile.png

Hi Derp, Yeah my next purchase will be foreground plants
smile.png
 tripartita is nice. I also like hairgrass
biggrin.png
.... Im also think HC(dwarf baby tears)
smile.png

Hi Daize, Ok will read more with the splitting of the plants hehe.. Do i just split them and tie them up? no special care needed? how fast is fast? weeks? days? months?
biggrin.png

For stem plants. when is the right time to prune them? 

Thanks again for your comments
smile.png

Mamashack said:
Lovely set-up! Whatever pleases your eye is right so if you like it then that's all that matters!
Your betta is a very handsome chap!
Has the tank got a lid? Bettas are notorious jumpers - it would be awful to get up to a bettaless tank one morning!
Hi mamashack. Thanks. currently i dont have a lid but will be buying one. Im currently using a makeshift lid for the mean time 
smile.png

DerpPH said:
some foreground plants could be good like hairgrass or tripartita
biggrin.png

Hi Derp, Yeah my next purchase will be foreground plants 
smile.png
 tripartita is nice. I also like hairgrass 
biggrin.png
.... Im also think HC(dwarf baby tears) 
smile.png

daizeUK said:

Hi Daize, Ok will read more with the splitting of the plants hehe.. Do i just split them and tie them up? no special care needed? how fast is fast? weeks? days? months? 
biggrin.png

For stem plants. when is the right time to prune them? 

Thanks again for your comments 
smile.png

the right time to prune is when they almost reach the surface by an inch,

Anubias minima or petite grows 1 plantlet on an average of 1-2 months, the others tank about 4-5 like coffeefoila

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back