My 5 Gal Betta Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
3-1.jpg

3-2.jpg

Here are some photos (finally!) that I took earlier today so I could enter TOTM! I rearranged the tank as I wasn't liking how I had it originally. I've also added a few betta hammocks and a Zoomed Floating Betta Log.

I've actually added a few amano shrimp and a nerite snail since my last update. The betta ignores them completely and they've been doing a great job at cleaning up any leftover fish food and algae! :good:

I'm not liking the filter that I've got in there as it's a bit too strong for the betta so I'm hoping to get out to my LFS this weekend to buy a sponge filter (and hopefully grab some tall plants for the back of the tank!).

Oh! I also discovered that my tank is a 6.5gal not a 5gal :blush:

Last edited:
Another update for you all! ^_^

Last weekend my hubby took me to our LFS to get a new filter. We picked up a small sponge filter and a Sera Air 110 Plus air pump.

3-4.jpg
3-6.jpg
3-7.jpg

For the first couple of nights, I had it running alongside the original Ciano filter, now it's running on its own with the Ciano's filter sponge next to it.

3-5.jpg

My betta is a LOT happier with the flow not being so crazy and has been exploring his tank a lot more! :good: I've also noticed his colouration has changed slightly, he's still looking stunning though!

3-3.jpg

I've added a background to the tank as well. It's just a cheap piece of black card that I picked up from my local Range!

My next project is going to be getting some more plants for around the back and sides of the tank. I also want to fix my two anubias plants to the wood and skull as they're currently in the pot they came in still :blush:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back