Cheech And Chongs Growth Journal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

markandhisfish

comfortably numb
Reaction score
as they are so small at the moment i figured id post a pic roughly every month so i can easily chart their growth. only trouble is at the moment its near on impossible to tell em apart as they are pretty much identical :crazy: hopefully as they grow theyl get either distinguishing marking or personality traits.

5/12/10
sexyboy.jpg
oscar.jpg
duo.jpg

i cant wait for em to grow into beasties. they are only about 2 to 2.5 inches at the moment

You might end up with fortnightly pics they grow that quick, and the markings seem to change. Looking forward to this. :good:

lol i keep looking at the tank thinking , " im sure theyve grown a bit" but then have to tell myself thats insane ive only had em 2 days

When I first had Rusty every morning my little boys would check the tank and shout "Muuuuuuuuuuum Rusty has grown" :lol:

your not insane mate my little jeff has grown 1.5 inch in a week

yeah considering he is one of the smallest cichlids in the tank he can't get all that much food either

as they are so small at the moment i figured id post a pic roughly every month so i can easily chart their growth. only trouble is at the moment its near on impossible to tell em apart as they are pretty much identical :crazy: hopefully as they grow theyl get either distinguishing marking or personality traits.

5/12/10
sexyboy.jpg
oscar.jpg
duo.jpg

"Daves not here!" lol

I;ll watch with interest.

:lol: i keep thinking they have then they havent . might have to rename them sulky and pants . cos they spend most of their time hiding behind 1 of the filter pipes. im sure they will get more confident in time , after all they are only a couple of inches , and have suddenly gone from a tiny little 12 inch cube to a dirty great 120g tank , so will probably be insecure for a while until they get bigger. still i have to say its getting on my t--ts . i want them to start being the cheeky monkeys that oscars are. maybe i sould tell them that they are still not immune to the return trip to the lfs to be swapped for 2 different oscars , so they need to shape up or ship out :lol: :lol:

some new pics , 1 week on . they have groen a little but the most notable change is they are getting a black edging along the dorsal , caudal , and anal fins . and altho these pics dont really show it , they are getting darker pattering on the gill plates .

december.jpg

december2.jpg

You can see how they have grown, and their tummies are nice and round now.

yes they have grown but i still find myself questioning it as its been such a short time. i have only just noticed but you will have to excuse the massive turd hanging out of his backside. they like to play hide from the camera . if i put the camera down out they come but as soon as they see me pick it up off they go right to the back of the tank behind the filter pipe. its like they are teasing me . il have the last laugh in a month or so when they are too big to fit behind it :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back