Check out what I got

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Nix

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hello, For christmas i got two new tanks! one of the tanks is a 2gallon and the other is a 29gallon (US).

I already got a idea of what im going to put in the 29gallon

But, im trying to decide what to put in the 2gallon

Maybe like 3 platys? Then maybe two African Dwarf Frogs? (i know not to bye clawed)

Give your thoughts on what I should place in the 2 gallon PLEASE

~THANK YOU~

I vote for getting a betta for the 2-gallon. :)

Well it is a hex so its rather tall. Would'nt a betta be uncomfortable?

Hi Nix :)

I think a betta would be fine. I have one in a 55 gallon tank and he gets up and down with no problems at all. Depending on how high it is, however, it might be more of a problem for the dwarf frogs,

Do the frogs need a breath of air now and then? (by which i mean go up and grab a gulp of air without leaving water) :dunno:

Hi Nix :)

Yes, they do need to get to the top for air. How high is the tank? :unsure:

I'd really have to say no to the platies or zebra danios. Both need a lot more room. Especially the danios - they are schooling fish and happiest with at least 6 fish of their own kind, no way you could fit a whole school in there. Platies enjoy more room also and the tank would be overstocked if you had 3, which is probably the minimum amount if you want to get a male. A betta would be just fine - I have mine is some tall tanks and they do just great. Also a note on the ADF's getting air, I have 2 in a 6 gallon that is very tall, and they have no problem. I'm sure it's much higher than your tank, so I don't think it should be an issue.

I have 4 of those tall 2 gallon hexes and they all house bettas :)

I've never kept adf's because frogs freak me out, a lot of people here keep them though and they really seem to enjoy them ,other than that...I really can't think of any other fish that would be happy in that size tank :dunno:

i have a good idea, i like to see more fish than just one,
i will make a list and u can choose from what u think is ok...

a betta, 4 ghost shrimp (or how many u want)
3-4 guppies
3 platies would be ok
the best one, these fish are very hardy and active and will not need a heater, they can tolerate from 40-80! thats excelent, they stay small and arnt messy at all, they are:
White Cloud Mountain Minnows!! u could have just about 5 in there
hmmmm what else,
adfs? (THOUGH THESE ARE FROG, THE MUST NOT BE TAKEN OUT OF THE WATER, AND THERE MUST BE A LID!SO THE CANT JUMP OUT!)

But, im trying to decide what to put in the 2gallon

Quarantine/hospital tank - still quite small for this, but still better than nothing. Or maybe just fry tank.

Well im sure the tank will be fine for the ADF's but it is 9 inches tall so it should be fine. Ok so How about two guppies? (two Males)

O also could two female bettas be a option?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back