Check Out These Crazy Tanks

beechey

Fish Herder
Joined
Oct 31, 2005
Messages
1,518
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
GB
http://www.homeinteriorszone.com/interior-decoration/home-decoration/13-truly-astonishing-aquariums/
 
There are some wierd looking tanks lol.

I dont think any of them are practical as a fishtank though. Most of them pictured have goldfish in :angry:

Andy
 
lOl :lol: . they are near impossible to clean - and how would you get the fish out? i have enough trouble in my rectangular/cuboid shaped tanks :fun: . those tanks are just not possible. probably they just bought the goldfish for the photo, but how did they even get them, the plants and the substrate out ???? ? looks nice now, but when all the fish are dead in a corner and you cant reach them to get them out, it wont be such a nice scene.
 
Some of those are just cringe worthy! Though I have to admit I do like the duplex though I wouldnt keep fish in the bowl maybe some shrimp or even just plants would look good, though I dont want to get into birds as well :lol: fish take up enough of my time :hyper:

From a design point the Local River is an interesting concept, I know some people would disagree but I can kind of appreciate it. But that said I would love one to keep fish in! Imagine if you could sink a filter into the floor and get lilly pipes on that I really like the concept of standless tanks :)

Wills
 
I'm now going to Email Mr Joe Doucet about that *insert vast mass of expletives here * monstrosity. His feet aren't going to touch the ground now I'm about to come down on him like a ton of bricks with a grand piano attached.

Things like this irritate me beyond belief. Much like betta vases and tiny tanks, things like that depict fish as meaningless objects and household ornaments to be ogled by visitors and treated like a desk toy. The kind of people ( and I use the term loosely ) these are aimed at are the kinds of people who only fuel my misanthropist streak.
 
The local river one is plausible, though you'd have to move the tanks to the wall to prevent people tripping on filter wires ect unlessone could find a way of running the wires under the floor or carpet. The tanks in the pic are obviously overstocked, but I think the tanks would have to be a lot bigger if you wanted to breed edible species in them.

Even so, as a tropical tank the Local river design would look very nice indeed if planted and scaped well.. I really like the glass bulbs holding plants on the tops.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top