Cheap Aquarium

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

monahan95

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Anyone know any good websites or stores where i could find a reasonably priced fish tank? I'm only looking for something around 50-80lt. My budget is only around £130, ideally even a little lower than that as i will still need to buy gravel and plants etc. If anyone could link me to a few or even just give me a suggestion it would be a great help :)

Im planning to stock small fish and invertebrates such as smaller variates of tetra or barb and nano shrimp like cherry's or bee shrimp. 

These are generally good for finding cheap tanks and equipment.

eBay, Gumtree, Craiglist UK and even Facebook can have forums for cheap tank stuff too but i've never tried last two though, so cant comment if any good or not.

And lastly, there is a classified section on this forum, very occasionally a good cheap tank or equipment will come up, gotta be quick though.

Wow, what was the postage and packaging like? thats something that may concern me 
noexpression.gif

Usually buying second hand tanks from such places like eBay or Gumtree involves collecting the tank yourself from sellers place or home.

Very few people will post a tank due to the glass may break during transportation.

Normally a large chain store big LFS may be prepared to deliver a new tank to you. 

I got very lucky, one seller dropped the tank to my for free (he already had it covered on a trailer before the auction) and the other delivered for me in a van for £20 petrol money. :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back