Centepedes

bob`_your_dog

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey, i was down the coast today exploring the reefs and found a 10cm long centipede looking thing, i though he was very cool and decided he would be a nice addition to me tank. Yes i know it may have been the stupidist move of the century to be honeust i dont have a clue what it is, it looks like a centepede long body millions of legs and a claw like mouth.

Is this guy gonna do some serious damage?

B1088-2.jpg

Seriously bad move IMO.
When checking out such creature you should pay attention to what it looks like and why its built the way it is.

A claw like mouth is not an algae grazer and very likely not a carion feeder. Its highly likely to be predatory and uses ambush techniques. Its probably either a lurker within liveock but more likely to be sand. The claw will grasp its prey strongly and then it will drag it to safety where it can eat in leasure. :sad:

Thats for the link jflowers :D I think it's a type of bristleworm which apparently is a harmless scavengerr type of thing. Well now it's hidden umong the many caves of live rock, but as navarre said it does look kinda dangerous so next time he pops his head out i'm gonna take him back down to the beach no point risking these things

And merry Christmas everyone :clap:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back