Cannot upload photos

luca1980

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have tried on several occasions to post photos on this forum and I have never been able to.

Most recently I have tried to enter the Tank of the Month competition and keep getting this msg once I try to upload a photo - Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page and try again. The photo that I am trying to upload is a png. file.

I have tried several times on three different devices (phone, tablet and laptop) but no luck. I am also a member of caudate.org and have been able to post photos on there without any problems.

I am a keen fish keeper and would love to post pics of my tanks for the feedback of other members but it always ends in frustration. I am also a fairly active forum member but feel that this issue greatly impacts on my interactions and the contributions I am able to make. This is very disappointing and would love any assistance in resolving the issue.

veraderock

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have tried on several occasions to post photos on this forum and I have never been able to.

Most recently I have tried to enter the Tank of the Month competition and keep getting this msg once I try to upload a photo - Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page and try again. The photo that I am trying to upload is a png. file.

I have tried several times on three different devices (phone, tablet and laptop) but no luck. I am also a member of caudate.org and have been able to post photos on there without any problems.

I am a keen fish keeper and would love to post pics of my tanks for the feedback of other members but it always ends in frustration. I am also a fairly active forum member but feel that this issue greatly impacts on my interactions and the contributions I am able to make. This is very disappointing and would love any assistance in resolving the issue.

I have no idea what could cause you (and no one else) to have problems uploading files. I just tested it and its working great for me. I looked at your account and it is all normal, there is nothing on our end that should prevent you from being able to upload photos. Only idea I have is maybe some type of firewall or router issue (assuming all your devices are behind it) preventing it. I can't find anything on our side at all.

dascrow

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Test 1.2.3..

Attachments

• test-house-pic.jpg
    test-house-pic.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 168
  • 174__000001.jpg
    174__000001.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 159

dascrow

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
.png file test...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 10.37.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 10.37.50 PM.png
    407 KB · Views: 156

dascrow

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time trying to reproduce the problem as well. What browser are you using?

I just tested with Safari, Chrome, & Firefox with no problems.

Last edited:

NickAu

Fish Connoisseur
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
On imgur, when you upload a file, you need to click on the down arrow next to copy and select share links as shown below.

When the share links open, there will be field for bbcode , You want the one that says BBcode (Forums)
Click the copy button then paste it into the reply box.

You can also wrap IMG tags around links to images.

So take a link like this
http://i.imgur.com/d1JTK5d.jpg
wrap IMG tags around it

Code:
 [img]http://i.imgur.com/d1JTK5d.jpg[/img]

And you get this

Last edited: