Can I See Your Gourami's :)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Yeah I noticed it early enough. I've had similar problems with Platys & Bolivian Ram Cichlids. That's why my son's 20 gallon has the 2 Platy males that get along and the wimpy Honey & Bolivian Ram males. My 20 gallon has the mean Honey G, the mean Bolivian & the mean Platy.............go figure. They're all getting along well in each tank so far.

Here's a picture of my old female 3 Spot gourami, aka Trichopodus trichopterus. She was frequently so threatened by her mate that she would hide in the cory's cave with them. Eventually he jumped too high and launched himself out of the tank. By the time I found him on the floor, it was way to late to save him. The female, from then on known as the "Merry Widow," came out of the cave and spent the rest of her life in peace.

3spotincave.jpg

this was my honey gourami, had charactor when I had my hands in the tank some days he would come and rub against fingers, and take food other days he would come and bite my arms untill i took them out the tank lol.

13062011218.jpg

Here's a picture of my old female 3 Spot gourami, aka Trichopodus trichopterus. She was frequently so threatened by her mate that she would hide in the cory's cave with them. Eventually he jumped too high and launched himself out of the tank. By the time I found him on the floor, it was way to late to save him. The female, from then on known as the "Merry Widow," came out of the cave and spent the rest of her life in peace.

3spotincave.jpg

Yeah I couldn't handle watching the Gold Gourami male chase the living crap outta every other fish in the tank. He died & I won't replace him. My female Opaline gets along fine with my Pearls. I didn't get into fish keeping to get more stress................

I'm originally from Long Island myself, Selden/Centereach to be exact. How's the high taxes treating you?

this was my honey gourami, had charactor when I had my hands in the tank some days he would come and rub against fingers, and take food other days he would come and bite my arms untill i took them out the tank lol.

13062011218.jpg

Is that the natural kind? It looks very healthy in that picture.

Im not sure, I think its more the settings on the camera that hasn't showed the colour up properly :)

09072011383.jpg

I'm originally from Long Island myself, Selden/Centereach to be exact. How's the high taxes treating you?

Hi Ruskull

I live very close to there. My nearest lfs is Aqua Hut in Coram and I also go to Magic Isle in Centereach or Country Critters in Patchogue for fish. Luckily for me, I live in an apartment complex so I don't have to worry about the property taxes. :D

Im not sure, I think its more the settings on the camera that hasn't showed the colour up properly :)

09072011383.jpg

Yeah, he looks much more "golden" in this picture. Awesome aquascape too by the way.

Hi Ruskull

I live very close to there. My nearest lfs is Aqua Hut in Coram and I also go to Magic Isle in Centereach or Country Critters in Patchogue for fish. Luckily for me, I live in an apartment complex so I don't have to worry about the property taxes. :D

I still remember those places from 7 years ago when I lived there.

i have an extremely beautiful picture of my powder blue gourami that i think everybody would love to see but i cant figure out how to post pictures on here :crazy:

can somebody please help me out..

i have an extremely beautiful picture of my powder blue gourami that i think everybody would love to see but i cant figure out how to post pictures on here :crazy:

You can start a free picture account at photobucket.com

Then download your photos there and it will create a location that you can copy & paste here on the forums by using the "insert image" tool which is located 2 spaces to the right of the smilie face.

You can start a free picture account at photobucket.com

Then download your photos there and it will create a location that you can copy & paste here on the forums by using the "insert image" tool which is located 2 spaces to the right of the smilie face.

ahh! :crazy: idk whats happening i created the photobucket account and i copied the url to it and when i went to post my reply it says "you are not allowed to use that image extension on this board."

yea i thought i might of had it working but i cant figure it out. :crazy:

Nice pics Creg! I'd pay you a small fortune for that very obvious female Sunset (Golden) Honey Gourami in your first pic! I'd love to put her in with my dominant male & make little Sunset babies!!!

Sorry about the loss of "Red" the Flame Dwarf G, sadly it's very hard to keep one of these Dwarf G's alive for long.

Nice young female Pearl G too!

This is my male dwarf gourami, Zinc :) He lives in my 70L tank. I enjoyed looking at the other gourami pics here, some beautiful individuals!!

Zinc09-04-12.jpg

This is my male dwarf gourami, Zinc :) He lives in my 70L tank. I enjoyed looking at the other gourami pics here, some beautiful individuals!!

Zinc09-04-12.jpg

Nice Powder Blue Dwarf you have there! It makes me miss mine all the more................

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back