Can I See Your Gourami's :)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kylealastairlove

Fish Addict
Reaction score
hi guys feel free to post a pic of your gourami here, would like to see whats out there :) and see some pics of your own gourami's as i was thinking of getting a few next week :)! what species would you reccomend for a small tank (64L) thanks :good:

Here's my dwarf gourami: http://s1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh628/AnimeFreak360/My%20Tropical%20Fish/?action=view&current=DwarfGouramiandPepperedCory012.jpg

And remind me, how many gallons is 64 liters? Dwarf gouramis need at least 10 :good:

You asked for it................I've posted this in many other threads but it never gets old for me :shifty:

My Pearl Gourami Male, "King Leeri, Duke of Bowfront"

DSCN0198.jpg

i think its around 11 or 12 gallons :) and thankyou both for the pictures loving the dwarf gourami, was considering getting one :) and if i had a bigger tank then i would probably consider the pearl gourami's too :D haha

EDIT:

Oops! Pearl Gouramis are too big for a 17 gallon tank. You should check out some Honey Gouramis. Here's a picture of one of my Golden Honey G's.............

DSCN0898.jpg

sorry if this is a stupid question but :D ...
are there different types of honey gourami or is a golden honey gourami just known as a honey gourami ? and i do quite like the look of those :)

So you like the Dwarf Gouramis? Here's some pics of my Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami, "King Powder, Lord of of Fry"

RIP :sad:

DSCN0455.jpg

DSCN0505.jpg

DSCN0493-1.jpg

sorry if this is a stupid question but :D ...
are there different types of honey gourami or is a golden honey gourami just known as a honey gourami ? and i do quite like the look of those :)

Basically you have Sparkling/Croaking, Honey, Dwarf, Three Spots, Kissing, etc. Each is it's own sub species and there are color variants of each (except the Pink Kissing Gouramis, which are way too big for your tank anyway).

Honey's come in a pale redish orange honey color which is the regular Honey Gourami. There are Gold & Red color versions available but around here the regular pale redish silver ones are most common. I've seen pictures of some beautiful males but I've yet to see one in person. They look like this:

honey_gour_male_100718c2_w0480.jpg

thanks for the info ruskull and sorry for your loss he was a great looking guy :)
i rather like the honey gourami with the olive ish coloured head and belly, but im guessing they will be hard to find, well its either them or dwarf gourami's. still trying to make a decision lol!

thanks for the pic zante great looking dwarf you got there :good:

EDIT:

Oops! Pearl Gouramis are too big for a 17 gallon tank. You should check out some Honey Gouramis. Here's a picture of one of my Golden Honey G's.............

DSCN0898.jpg

This! This is what I have spent my fish loving life looking for. Yellow, proper yellow, Honey Gouramis. I've found them once when I wasn't in a position to get them but that's it, only once. Other than that it's just red ones and creamy/natural ones. My plan for my new tank is to hopefully have a small "school" of a mix of yellow and red ones. Hopefully! :)

i went to pets at home last weekend and they had some royal red honey gouramis :p quite liked them, and they had a beatiful dwarf gourami i was going to get it, i went cash point to get some money then came back and somebody else had got him :( felt quite let down as i really liked him :( oh well theres always another time

i went to pets at home last weekend and they had some royal red honey gouramis :p quite liked them, and they had a beatiful dwarf gourami i was going to get it, i went cash point to get some money then came back and somebody else had got him :( felt quite let down as i really liked him :( oh well theres always another time

Have a look on tropical fish finder. It's only as reliable as the people who update it, but I have found it useful to find fish I was looking for. Do call ahead though, as I said, the stock list might not be very well updated and it pays to check ahead.

EDIT:

DSCN0898.jpg

This! This is what I have spent my fish loving life looking for. Yellow, proper yellow, Honey Gouramis. I've found them once when I wasn't in a position to get them but that's it, only once. Other than that it's just red ones and creamy/natural ones. My plan for my new tank is to hopefully have a small "school" of a mix of yellow and red ones. Hopefully! :)

Well thank you! I like my Honey G's a lot, I have 2 males. Unfortunately I had to put them in 2 separate tanks because one was chasing the other too much.

Yeah I had that with the first two I ever had. Due to my inexperience in realising what was wrong, one chased the other to death really :(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back