Can Fish Get Concussions?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

t.ropical_m.istx3

Fish Addict
Reaction score
my leopard cory smacked himself head-on into the side of the tank this morning, pretty hard :crazy: . luckily he did it while he was watching or i probably would have though he was sick. after he did that, he started falling to his side and doing flips in the water while he fought to stay upright :-( . he's isolated now so the others don't pick on him. did he hurt himself or did he just have concussion?

I think so yes. When I first started out I bought 3 Clown Loaches. One day one of them made an escape bid, flying from the bottom of the tank to the top an attempting to jump. The problem was the lid. He hit so hard I jumped with the noise. He then just floated to the bottom slowly. I thought he was dead, but he lay there for a short while only moving with the current. After a short time I was about to scoop him out, and he seemed to just shake it off and go and play with his mates. Bet he had a killer head ache though.

okay. this was around 5:30 this morning and its 11AM now. he's still kinda floating around in a daze. i thought he was dead when i walked in until i went to scoop him out. his swimming's a bit straighter than it was, but he can't keep at it for long. :(

Give him time, i think he may just need time and rest. As little stress as possible x

-nods- he's seperated from the rest and i left all the lights in my room off today so maybe he'd try to sleep. of course, when the sun comes in my window it doesn't really help -_-

Yes I would think so bless him.
Add some salt to his bowl, just a teaspoon.

he's still in the main tank, just seperated because i don't have an emergency tank. would it hurt the other fish in there? its a 10 usG tank with neons, glowlights, guppies, gouramis and pygmy corys. and a ghost shrimp.

edit: thanks for everything guys but when i just went up to check on him, he had passed :byebye: :-(

Sorry bless him, R.I.P.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back