Can fin rot be red?

Irksome

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jan 12, 2020
Messages
275
Reaction score
135
Points
43
Location
Uk
Hello. My guppy sustained a bad tail injury during cleaning last week and I have been keeping close eye on him since for fin rot. It appears he may have a little but it is bright red. Is this something worse than fin rot? I have not seen red on torn fins before.
 
Any chance of a picture of said guppy?

Maybe it could be Epizootic ulcerative syndrome (EUS) or 'red spot disease'?

I wouldn’t know though, without seeing a picture.
 
It’s not a great picture as he is hiding a lot
 

Attachments

  • B5EA0EDB-5921-42E3-9AD6-5B906F2EF7A2.webp
    B5EA0EDB-5921-42E3-9AD6-5B906F2EF7A2.webp
    102 KB · Views: 182
Hat are your exact water parameters? What type of test kit do you have?
 
People keep asking for the parameters, while that is helpful we need the water quality, not the parameters:)
 
Ammonia is 0.1ppm
Nitrate is 5ppm
Nitrite is 0
Ph is 7.8
KH is 9
GH is 14
 
Today is also water change day so my ammonia and nitrate tend to be a bit higher although they are never at 0. I’m using an NTlab testing kit, it’s usually pretty accurate
 
So he has taken a bit of a turn for the worse
 

Attachments

  • 380E8322-FAAB-4571-ADE3-0A8AC6E3C67F.webp
    380E8322-FAAB-4571-ADE3-0A8AC6E3C67F.webp
    198.4 KB · Views: 167
  • 2311EE25-59C2-4CC2-BE97-4AE476B943A8.webp
    2311EE25-59C2-4CC2-BE97-4AE476B943A8.webp
    860.5 KB · Views: 163
Can anyone explain fin rot this fast?
 

Attachments

  • 5E424AFC-CFB6-4EC3-906E-8CC95E2A5602.webp
    5E424AFC-CFB6-4EC3-906E-8CC95E2A5602.webp
    644.4 KB · Views: 181
Could be something else. I had a disease, I think it was columnaris that melted all of the tails off of my fish. in 48 hours my whole tank was dead except a few
 

Most reactions

Back
Top