Can anyone suggest what wrong?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

CablePixie

Reaction score
Hi All!
My first post on here so please be nice haha

So Iā€™ve had my tank for around about 2 months now. Iā€™ve got 3 German blue rams, 3 cobalt dwarf gourami, 8 neon tetras, 5 black phantom tetras, 3 Mickey Mouse plattys, 3 rummynose, 3 Cory cats, 5 reed tetras and 4 gold terras and 5 harlequins, Itā€™s 100 litre tank and loads of hiding places. No real plants but do have a bubbler to oxygenate. Tank should be in my eyes at full capacity. Water change of 20/30% every Wednesday and feed every evening. PH is 7. No2 is between 0-025 and no3 is practically nothing.

Over the week or so Iā€™ve had a black phantom pass away. No symptoms other thanks noticing that heā€™s just stayed in the same a spot for 4 hours or so and when I went to feed he didnā€™t eat. Took him out as I either thought 1. Heā€™s Not well or 2. Heā€™s being bullied. Put him in a pint glass with some carbon And water from the tank. Died about 3 hours later.

Iā€™ve just set up the exact same tank right next to my current one as I want a fighter in it and canā€™t have one in the same tank as the german blue rams due to nippy nippy issues.

Ive set up everything and put everything in for about 3 days and tested the water. Everything was good water wise so Iā€™ve put the harlequins In just to get the bacteria going. (Iā€™ve also a day before put in denetrol).
On eventually catching the quick little harlequins managed to get all 5 transferred over however noticed that one of them has got a bend in its spine which I hadnā€™t noticed before. Iā€™m very concerned that it may be TB or another illness. When I first introduced the rummynose in about a month ago, I lost one the first day. Put it down to shock of location change. And one got really skinny and died. Could all this be related? Am I doing something spectacularly wrong? My only concern may be that the tank was overcrowded however Iā€™ve made sure the water levels are all good as I test every other day. And I make sure that all of them feed and eat everything. Food is a mixture of frozen blood worm some days. Frozen brine shrimp some days and regular flake on other days. The frozen foods I tend to put garlic guard in a shot glass and half a cube of the frozen food and defrost it overnight or throughout the day.

I really want to know why my harlequin is looking odd and why a few of my fish have died :/

6D65BCC5-7DFF-428B-997A-DFA4105E61BB.jpeg

He has a very bent spine, has it always been that way? You also have severe stocking issues...

He has a very bent spine, has it always been that way? You also have severe stocking issues...
I donā€™t think so. Never seen it that way before. What do you mean stocking issues? Am I over stocked? They donā€™t seem to cramped as the majority are small tetra

I donā€™t think so. Never seen it that way before. What do you mean stocking issues? Am I over stocked? They donā€™t seem to cramped as the majority are small tetra
Right off the bat, I see you only have 3 rummy nose tetras. This species needs to be kept in a much larger tank (3ft plus) and needs to be in groups of 6 or more. (Preferably 8-12)

What type of cory cats do you have? Almost all cory cats need to be in groups of 6 or more to feel comfortable. They also need sand as a substrate, as they are naturally foragers.

Hi All!
My first post on here so please be nice haha

So Iā€™ve had my tank for around about 2 months now. Iā€™ve got 3 German blue rams, 3 cobalt dwarf gourami, 8 neon tetras, 5 black phantom tetras, 3 Mickey Mouse plattys, 3 rummynose, 3 Cory cats, 5 reed tetras and 4 gold terras and 5 harlequins, Itā€™s 100 litre tank and loads of hiding places. No real plants but do have a bubbler to oxygenate. Tank should be in my eyes at full capacity. Water change of 20/30% every Wednesday and feed every evening. PH is 7. No2 is between 0-025 and no3 is practically nothing.

Over the week or so Iā€™ve had a black phantom pass away. No symptoms other thanks noticing that heā€™s just stayed in the same a spot for 4 hours or so and when I went to feed he didnā€™t eat. Took him out as I either thought 1. Heā€™s Not well or 2. Heā€™s being bullied. Put him in a pint glass with some carbon And water from the tank. Died about 3 hours later.

Iā€™ve just set up the exact same tank right next to my current one as I want a fighter in it and canā€™t have one in the same tank as the german blue rams due to nippy nippy issues.

Ive set up everything and put everything in for about 3 days and tested the water. Everything was good water wise so Iā€™ve put the harlequins In just to get the bacteria going. (Iā€™ve also a day before put in denetrol).
On eventually catching the quick little harlequins managed to get all 5 transferred over however noticed that one of them has got a bend in its spine which I hadnā€™t noticed before. Iā€™m very concerned that it may be TB or another illness. When I first introduced the rummynose in about a month ago, I lost one the first day. Put it down to shock of location change. And one got really skinny and died. Could all this be related? Am I doing something spectacularly wrong? My only concern may be that the tank was overcrowded however Iā€™ve made sure the water levels are all good as I test every other day. And I make sure that all of them feed and eat everything. Food is a mixture of frozen blood worm some days. Frozen brine shrimp some days and regular flake on other days. The frozen foods I tend to put garlic guard in a shot glass and half a cube of the frozen food and defrost it overnight or throughout the day.

I really want to know why my harlequin is looking odd and why a few of my fish have died :/
Rummynose need at least 10 and requires warmer water than some of the others. Nded a longer tank.
Neons need a longer tank

The rams will likely start fighting depending on the gender

Corydoras need a larger group and sand substrate

Do you know the sex of the gourami? They may fight.

Did the other fish develop bent spine before they died as well?

Just calculated 100 liters converted to gallons.

I didn't realize that your tank was only 26.5 gallons. That is SUPER small for all of those fish.

Just calculated 100 liters converted to gallons.

I didn't realize that your tank was only 26.5 gallons. That is SUPER small for all of those fish.
Not for all of them but for a couple

Can you tell us what type of water do you have? Hard or soft and the GH (general hardness) you have soft water fish such as cory and tetras and hard water fish such as Platties

Up the water changes to 50% or more weekly

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back