Can anyone help me identify this baby?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Natabettas

Reaction score
I know someone whoā€™s buying a tank for a lizard and itā€™s currently being used as a fish tank so they asked if I could take this guy/girl. Iā€™m not sure what they are tho so If anyone could help me out so I would know if I have a tank that will suit them. Thanks ?

Attachments

• 6CCE802F-07E9-4D3C-8BF2-382A6F7D4346.png
    6CCE802F-07E9-4D3C-8BF2-382A6F7D4346.png
    410.6 KB · Views: 103
The experts will have to chime in on that one, sorry...

I just bought a young one of my own, and have no clue which particular one it is, LOL

Just looks like a juvenile of the common pleco (Hypostomus Plecostomus). They regularly grow to 12 inches but can reach 18inches, and need a tank that is at least 6 foot long.

Just looks like a juvenile of the common pleco (Hypostomus Plecostomus). They regularly grow to 12 inches but can reach 18inches, and need a tank that is at least 6 foot long.
I was afraid of that....:oops:

Colin_T is our fish guru here on TFF, so I wouldn't dare argue with him...lol....j/k.
I agree it looks like a common pleco, and you have to have a very, very large tank for those.

Holy cow. Google says needs at least a 75 gallon tank ? apparently he will not be coming to me lol I donā€™t have a tank that large

A 75G really isn't big enough, either...avoid

Attachments

• Pleco.jpg
    Pleco.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 76

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back