Burned Wood

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Binge

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So I did a driftwood hunt a bit ago and one of the pieces I love has burns on one side wehre some one attempted to use it in a fire. I have soaked the wood and nothing seems to come off that way but if I rub my finger on the burned side I can get the char on my finger. Could this hurt the fish? is there a clever way to clean it?

why not leave it?... i doubt it would cause harm?. after all its been burnt... not adding anything to it...

oxygen + wood = co2+water. surly decomposing wood would cause the safe effect as bacteria in the wood use oxygen + wood to produce co2 and water in respiration?

but i might be wrong. just my idea.

As long as there are no chemicals on the wood, it should be fine. It is essentially the same as the activated carbon people use to filter their water, but the carbon you buy commercially is simply wood burned in a controlled process to make it more absorptive.

If you want to remove it, you could scrape off the larger chunks with any number of tools you may have laying around, and then follow up with a rough sandpaper and then move to a finer sandpaper to smooth it out.

Well being activated Is why I was concerned activated carbon can remove oxygen from an area and I was notn sure if it would do the same to water. I am going to see what I can do with an awl
and a little sand paper.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back