Burmese Botia

They are very cute aren't they ? :) and when you get more, and they feel more secure in your tank, you'll be seeing them zooming all over the place in your tank !

Tonight I went to PetsMart to look around and guess what I found :lol: I bought 3 more good sized ones and now have 5. They said that they will be keeping them on a regular basis now. They had about 8 of them. Im probably going to still get the other ones from the other pet store and let them have this 55 gallon with the danios. You were right about them zooming all over the place. It didnt take them long to find the other 2 and they are all best friends. They are still scared of me right now. They play in the air bubbles until they see me, then they take off back to the drift wood until the coast is clear. Im very pleased with them :thumbs:

bloozoo2:

How long did it take your B. Angelicus to settle in and come out? Mine are still hiding in the log, all five of them together. They have been out some, but not much.

Thanks

Practically straigh away. They do chill for a fair bit in the logs, but they aren't shy at all and at feeding time will always be zooming around. It's still fairly new for yours so I wouldn't really worry about it. I take it you have plenty of hiding places ?

Ps: they are no longer B. Angelicus, but Botia Kubotai :)

Wow, petsmart stocking kubotai on a regular basis? I wonder if they're breeding them with hormones like they do with clowns...

Practically straigh away. They do chill for a fair bit in the logs, but they aren't shy at all and at feeding time will always be zooming around. It's still fairly new for yours so I wouldn't really worry about it. I take it you have plenty of hiding places ?

Ps: they are no longer B. Angelicus, but Botia Kubotai :)

Yeah, there are plenty of hiding places. I think they need more time to settle in. They were out and about today when I got home from work, so they are getting use to things :thumbs:

Here are some pictures of the 2 I picked up today. That brings the total to 7:

BotiaKubotia2.jpg

BotiaKubotia9.jpg

Here is a good picture of them playing in the bag:

BotiaKubotia8.jpg

I am going to put some caves in the tank for them this weekend and should have some more pictures. Im hoping the 2 new ones will make the other 5 come out more.

They are lovely :thumbs: but the look huge ! How big are they ?

That's a fantastic group size you have there too. Very jealous :alien:

They are lovely :thumbs: but the look huge ! How big are they ?

That's a fantastic group size you have there too. Very jealous :alien:

Thanks B)

They are all around 3-4". All of them are thick too. The LFS where I got them ordered 6 total and sold 4 the first day he got them in and saved me 2 of them. All the ones that have come in have been big and healthy.

I went looking for them at the Petsmart near me yesterday and sure enough, they had 4. They were around 2.5 inches and looked very healthy, but at $19.99 each that was too much for me to do right now. I got one for $3 at a local pet store a few weeks ago but it had ich and died two days after I brought it home even though I was treating with 1/2 dose of malachite green with formalin and a small amount of salt. :( Other loaches I bought the same day from the same tank also had ich, but are doing well now and growing like crazy. They are yoyos, though, not kubotai.

EDIT: Here is a picture of the kubotai right after I put him in the tank.
060318kubotaiweb2.jpg

Its really too bad he didn't make it. The ich must have gotten into his gills. They are such pretty fish.

I went looking for them at the Petsmart near me yesterday and sure enough, they had 4. They were around 2.5 inches and looked very healthy, but at $19.99 each that was too much for me to do right now. I got one for $3 at a local pet store a few weeks ago but it had ich and died two days after I brought it home even though I was treating with 1/2 dose of malachite green with formalin and a small amount of salt. :( Other loaches I bought the same day from the same tank also had ich, but are doing well now and growing like crazy. They are yoyos, though, not kubotai.

Ive seen the $19.99 price tag every where ive seen them. I didnt like paying that much for them, but they are the center piece of my tank and very fun to watch. Especially when there are 7 of them in one tank at 2-4" in length.

i just saw quit a few on my lfs.
£5 each or 3 for £12...
:good: price?

£5 each or 3 for £12...

Im not sure how much that is in US money, but sounds pretty good to me. Ive checked in on the places where I got mine and havent seen any more since. Either they are selling them really fast or they arent getting any in right now. They are well worth the money once they settle in and start coming out.

£5 each or 3 for £12...

Im not sure how much that is in US money, but sounds pretty good to me. Ive checked in on the places where I got mine and havent seen any more since. Either they are selling them really fast or they arent getting any in right now. They are well worth the money once they settle in and start coming out.

around $9 each or $22 for 3.
i think they just mislabeled the name because the photo is for a zebra loach..
but the ones in the tank are definitely polkadots.
i might get the 3 because they are 2 for £20 ($36) on my other lfs..
:kana:

EDIT: spelling

Yep - 3" ones are usually around £8-£10. So if you can actually get that sort of size for £5 then that's great :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back