Burmese Botia

Thanks. Now I know where I can get some :thumbs:

EDIT: bloozoo2: Do you keep yours with any other loaches?

Burmese-Border Sand Loach Schistura mahnerti
never heard of polkadot refered to as border botias before :dunno:

From this website :

Burmese Border Loach, Polka-Dot Loach, Marble Loach, Angelicus Loach, Botia "Angelicus"

From this website:

The Burmese Border Loach, Angelicus Loach, or Polka Dot Loach (Botia kubotai) is a recently described species that has quickly become a popular

From this website:

The Polka Dot Loach or Burmese Border Loach is both beautiful and curious.

Though admittedly when I did some more looking, there are so many other fish (including the Burmese-border sand loach (Schistura mahnerti ).

These common names make it quite confusing !

thanks bloo ( didn't really doubt you :p)
but it is good to have some sites back you up.
I find it odd that fishbases listing dosn't even give a single common name
for B.kubotai :S

Yeah, I knew about the Burmese-border sand loach, thats why I was asking. When I googled "Burmese Botia," I saw stuff about B. Angelicus, so I was a little confused. I also described to the LFS what a Burmese-border sand loach looked like, with the obvious red tail and also the body shape. He told me it definately had the shape of a Botia and not the shape of a Schistura species. He is going to order some, so I will find out what they are.

Just noticed your edit. Only a lone :)() Kuhli Loach. Lots of other bottom dwellers though. They are very peaceful.

Before anyone says anything about this lonesome Kuhli - 2 others got mangled in the filter :crazy: (it was horrid), so I've decided no more Kuhli's. They're too small really to comfortably fit in with the larger fish in that tank now anyway, so this chappie is the sole survivor and approx 3 years old now. But he hangs out with the Kubotai.

Just noticed your edit. Only a lone :)() Kuhli Loach. Lots of other bottom dwellers though. They are very peaceful.

Before anyone says anything about this lonesome Kuhli - 2 others got mangled in the filter :crazy: (it was horrid), so I've decided no more Kuhli's. They're too small really to comfortably fit in with the larger fish in that tank now anyway, so this chappie is the sole survivor and approx 3 years old now. But he hangs out with the Kubotai.

Thanks for the help. I had read they were peaceful, but was just wondering how they did with the bigger loaches.

Burmese-Border Sand Loach Schistura mahnerti

And a few related species, which are hard to ID....

never heard of polkadot refered to as border botias before :dunno:

One of the mail order places in the US has a "burmese border loach" with a B.Kubotai picture....

The "Burmese Botia" was indeed the B. Angelicus or B. Kubotai. He only got 2 of them in on Tuesday and they are about 3" and very well fed. Needless to say, I got both of them today and Hes going go order me 4 more. I will get pictures as soon as I can take some. He said everyone was wanting to buy them, its a good thing I reserved them :thumbs:

Fabulous ! Look forward to some pics :)
If you don't mind me asking, how much are you paying for them ? Here in London they are approx £10 for that size ($17.50).

Fabulous ! Look forward to some pics :)
If you don't mind me asking, how much are you paying for them ? Here in London they are approx £10 for that size ($17.50).

I had store credit. I think the list is $19.00. I dont think that is too bad considering how healthy the loaches look.

These loaches are awesome! I have some driftwood that has holes in it and they are in there and every 2 minutes or so, they will stick their heads out to check and then go back in. They are still a little too scared to explore the rest of the tank, but I bet that will change once I feed them. I cant wait until I get the other 4 :hyper:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back