Now you see me. Now you don’t.

gwand29 145

Fish Aficionado
Fish of the Month 🌟
2x Tank of the Month!
Supporting Member ⭐
2x Pet of the Month!
Joined
Dec 31, 2022
Messages
3,084
Reaction score
6,146
Points
113
Location
Baltimore, MD
After quarantine, I placed a wild caught L136 pleco Hypancistrus sp. Demini Angelicus in a 20 g long that already contained a shoal of N. marginatus. That was on August 28. I have never seen him again. He is nocturnal so I have searched for him using red light. No luck. I feed him on the substrate at lights out and the food is gone by morning. The pencils don’t eat from the substrate so I would like to think he is still alive. He is quite a good looking guy but I’m losing patience with hide and go seek.
 
You know one of a fish keepers best secret weapons is a flashlight right.
I say search with FL during day when you suspect it of sleeping and it may be easier to find.
I would never know what was going on in the tubes and wood on bottom of my tank without my flashlight.
 
The problem with a lot of plecos is that they love to hide. When you have some wood in your tank, they could stick to the front or side of it, but they mostly choose the back. Even with plants. They'll choose the backside of the leaf instead of the top side.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top