Bulbs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tempestuousfury

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
I saw bulbs at Walmart for pretty cheap. I remember that one was aponogeton and one (perhaps the same one?) was a water lily cousin or something.

Would these be good plants to use in my tank for decorations?

Which tank?

Not sure about the aponogeton, but the lilies I got are pretty large (on one, the individual leaves are almost the size of my hand).

From what I've read and experienced, the bulbs can grow, but chances are some of the bulbs will be "duds". I bought a pack (or similar ones, they're packaged by aquariumplant.com), and out of the seven bulbs, only two lilies actually sprouted.

Still, if you get three or four (or more) of them to grow, and you like the plants, it's a pretty good deal.

I got two to sprout in my incandescent lighted 10 gallon. The silver dollars ate one while it was sprouting and the other one grew leaves. It was yellow and limpy because of the lack of light.

I wanted to put it in my 55 gallon tank. I'm going to change the light bulb to make the plants grow better, and I wanted to add some of the bulbs because they're cheap and they look good in the pictures. :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back