Bubble Molly Swimming In Circles

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Airdi

Reaction score
I've only been keeping fish a little while so I'm definitely rather new. I noticed my black female bubble Molly swimming in circles about an hour ago. Other then a kinked tail she seems okay. It seems more like her tail is stuck to the right. All of her fins are moving fine. She's not hovering at the top and other then when she is hit by the current of the filter, she seems to get around fine. O currently have her in a quarantine tank because the other mollys immediately started pecking at her. She was fully capable of swimming away (thou her tail fin was still kinked) but i didn't want her stressed. Water parameters are good and none of her tank mates are having problems. If anyone can tell me what i might be looking at here, please help me.

ive read high nitrates cause tail bending, leading to swimming in circles, have a 25% water change....what are the test results on your water?
what size is your tank?
is it cycled?
what other fish do you have?

edit...READ THIS>>>>Fish with nitrate poisoning will often appear very sluggish. Their gills will be opening and closing rapidly and they will often be found swimming at the surface of the tank ‘gasping’ for air. Occasionally you will be able to notice brown or yellowish discolorations of the gills.
.Higher or prolonged exposure to high levels of nitrate will show signs of loss of appetite, fish resting on the bottom, a bent or curled positioning of the body, crooked spine, uncontrolled swimming or swimming in circles, spasms or twitching. Usually at this point the fish is unlikely to survive!

FOUND ON WEB
smile.png

I have a 40 gallon tank. It holds several other mollys, a rubber nosed pleko, a few coolie loaches, 2 dwarf frogs and an angel fish. Just ran out of testers but i ran one 2 days ago and water was fine. Just did a 50% last night to be safe. Seems like the fish has stopped doing circles but it looks like her tail is still slightly bent.

Can you post the numbers from your last tests, please?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back