Breeding

Ace Of Spades

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
2,794
Reaction score
3
Points
38
Location
GB
I have a 60Litre tank that I want to set up as a breeding tank which will be densley planted.

Can anyone give me an idea of something interesting to breed?

Not Guppies or Platys
 
I have a 60Litre tank that I want to set up as a breeding tank which will be densley planted.

Can anyone give me an idea of something interesting to breed?

Not Guppies or Platys


Apistogramma's or Dwarf Cichlid would be great
 
chocolate or licorice gouramis
Pseudomugil sp. (blue-eye rainbowfish)
swordtail characins, splashing tetras
orange chromides
 
I have no idea if they are available in the UK. Some of them should be.

They are real easy to breed. Put a group of 6-10 fish (3-5prs) in a tank with water and plants, feed daily and you have fry within a couple of weeks. They don't normally eat their eggs or young and most of the fry can be grown up with the adults.
They live in neutral to slightly alkaline hard or soft water with a temp between 22-30C.

http://members.optushome.com.au/chelmon/Melano.htm
 
I have no idea if they are available in the UK. Some of them should be.

They are real easy to breed. Put a group of 6-10 fish (3-5prs) in a tank with water and plants, feed daily and you have fry within a couple of weeks. They don't normally eat their eggs or young and most of the fry can be grown up with the adults.
They live in neutral to slightly alkaline hard or soft water with a temp between 22-30C.

[URL="http://members.optushome.com.au/chelmon/Melano.htm"]http://members.optushome.com.au/chelmon/Melano.htm[/URL]

I have my tnak at 26 Degrees, The water around here is generally quite hard.

Well I got paid holiday pay aswell today so that gives me 124£ To experiment with, it either going to go on a FX5 or into this tank havent quite decided, I might buy a little CO2 System and some sort of eco substrate so the fry have more change of surving in a densley planted tank....
 

Most reactions

Back
Top