Breeding Guppies

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

guppyguy1234

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi guys i am thinking on entering a show in my town for fancy guppie,endlers, basicaly anything thats not your basic guppy but the rules areĀ 
Ā 
entered fish must have been bred and rared by the person enteringĀ 
Ā 
so i am going to breed endlers i have a ten gallon for the fry and all the equiptment so its the breeding tank i need help with i want to use a clear tub so i nedd to no
Ā 
what type of tub
size of tub
nedds to be able to be filtered and heated if anyone has any ideas please comment thanks guppyguy1234

Any tub will do. Preferably a large one. About 3 feet long and maybe 1 1/2 feet wide. Ā Make sure its pretty deep, guppies tend to jump a little.
Ā 
As far as filtration you don't have to, but I would highly recommend it. Ā They will poop a lot, they are fish. Ā I would definitely buy a heater. Ā Keep the water at about 74-76 degrees Fahrenheit. That is when I have seen my guppies breed the best.
Ā 
Good luck! That is way cool that your community is doing that!Ā 

yeh ino it was me that asked the pet stores in my town to do it and i breed guppies endlers ino all the ins and outs just wondering wat kinda tub

I just use plastic food grade containers as tanks, in fact some probably aren't even food grade
Ā 
The big clear stacking/storage boxes work as well

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back