Boyu Tl 550

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Tell me what you think, Is it just me or did you all go through this stage? I'm not happy with the rock arrangement but everytime I re-arrange it I wish I had of left it the way it was before :crazy:
EPSN3847.JPG

EPSN3848.JPG

I was advised by LFS to put lights on for 6 hours a day and if I get problem with algae cut the hours down is this correct?
Also their is nothing collecting in the skimmer cup I take it because there is nothing to take out of the water yet?

:lol: Yeah I know I always do that with my rockwork. I moved something because Im not happy with it and then once its moved it looks even worse and then I can never get it back the same as it was before :)

Its looking really good, loving the background on it. Having it not completely flat really makes it look great!

Looks good to me charlie. I did most of my cycle eiht no lights at all. Finnished with only tiny amounts of algae

looking good Charlie, maybe we should start a book about how many times you will change the rock :lol: we all certainly did it several times!

Was wondering how much live rock you have in there, I would probably add some more?

Yeah, skimmer has nothing to skim yet!

I jumped straight into the twelve hour daylight, then the moonlights till I go to bed (i do go to bed fairly early though) then darkness all night and didn't really have too many problems

Keep the photos coming

Seffie x

:fish:

I have 10 KG of rock thought this would be enough as there will be more when i start to add corals etc what do you think??
No doubt i will probably move the rockwork AGAIN!

Thanks for your comments

Yeah it will most likely be enough. Most of the corals at my LFS's normally come on fairly large bits of rock so its a good idea to leave some space for them.

Now tell me summat, does that background look good or what!
Good job there Charlie. Dont get too hung up on aquascaping LR, purely because when you start collecting corals they will almost always come straped to a chunk of LR so your tank will evolve as and when that happens. The shape you start out with now will look totally different when you get to the finished product (if there is such a thing) So dont purchase any more LR for now.
But its lookin good.
Regards
BigC

Looking really good Charlie :good:

As far as LR goes I don't think you are ever entirely happy with it, I know I'm not, but I have had several rockfalls thanks to my emerald crab :grr: so now I have what looks like a pile of rubble in tank :blink: If I where you I'd leave well alone because as you add corals the whole appearence of tank will change

Thankfs for all the comments I will TRY and resist the temptation of moving the rock!! :unsure:
Guess its just a waiting game now when should i start to test the water?

Thanks again
:good:

LIFE FORMS FOUND :shout:
Was just about to retire for the night when i decide to check on tank sitting staring at the shimmering effect of the moonlights my eyes caught a glimsp of a small shadow about 3-4mm long, I quickly swithed the lights on and to my amazement one of the rocks was covered in what can be described as small shrimp like creatures maybe about 6 or 7 of them WOW.
Any ideas??
Also i noticed a small pink thing moving slowly over the rock looked like a snail?

What can I say i'm hooked and i haven't even got anything in the tank at the minute.
:good:

:drool: Its mad how long you can spend just watching your tank isn't it :blush:
If you have a red torch a couple of hours after lights out shine it in your tank, you will be amazed at the critters you can see :good: it doesn't frighten them because they are unable to see it.

As for water testing I would start now, then when tests settle down you can add your CUC, if your LR was cured this shouldn't take long

lol welcome to the wonderful hobby of "rock watching" :)

The little shrimp type things where 'pods of some sort. Not sure on a pink snail like thing, how long/big was it and did it have a shell?

It may have been a bristle worm, these are mostly pink/grey and they have bristles coming out the side of them.

Most of the LR in my tank I have had for over a year and I still come across new stuff in there all the time :) Its one of the things I really love about marines tanks, you never quiet know what your going to find next :)

It's truly amazing - I found a little crab last night - he will not be staying long though :crazy: think he can stay over christmas then it is bye, bye crab :sick:

Seffie x

PS Trod, can you get me a red torch - I know you have a source :lol:

It's truly amazing - I found a little crab last night - he will not be staying long though :crazy: think he can stay over christmas then it is bye, bye crab :sick:

Seffie x

PS Trod, can you get me a red torch - I know you have a source :lol:

Shhhhhhhhhh don't tell, I would have to sell my soul to get another one :sick: and I was saving that for when I get my BIG tank :rofl:

while I'm on my enforced hols :crazy: you can borrow mine for a while :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back