Boyu Tl 550

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
looks like a lot of hard work that does, really like the bits that stand out.
as for attaching it i wouldnt silicone it. Arent you goint to keep anuthing in teh rear chambers?

I wouldn't need any access to the wall of the filter as it serves no purpose I'm undecided wether to leave the filter gates open or closed. The new TL550 doesn't have the gates just the weir at the top so if they were closed it probably wouldn't matter.The only thing i'm concerned about is debris gathering behind the egg crate saying that there wouldn't be much room for it to gather. :unsure:
As for the filter chambers that's my next project I plan to make one of the chambers for algae so will need to arrange some kind of light system but i'll cross that bridge when my backdrop is complete.
:good:

I wouldn't need any access to the wall of the filter as it serves no purpose I'm undecided wether to leave the filter gates open or closed. The new TL550 doesn't have the gates just the weir at the top so if they were closed it probably wouldn't matter.The only thing i'm concerned about is debris gathering behind the egg crate saying that there wouldn't be much room for it to gather. :unsure:
As for the filter chambers that's my next project I plan to make one of the chambers for algae so will need to arrange some kind of light system but i'll cross that bridge when my backdrop is complete.

I've got the new 550, with no grates - so far so good. In fact Trod who has the earlier version has had more algae and diatoms - taking into account we have lr from the same tank, the same sand and the same set-up, although now I run a skimmer and she doesn't - seems to me it makes no difference, so I would close them all :good:

Seffie x

:fish:

Dont fix the background with anything, just place in the tank it will stay against the tank wall when you have the sand and all in. You may need to take the tank apart in an emergency at some stage. I say may not will. So it would be easier not to hard fix the scape.
As for the grilles you'll have to supply me with some more info of the workings of that specific tank as I'm not familar with it.
The outcrops really do make the work in progress come to life.
Keep going
Regards
BigC

im with BigC on that one dont fix it. Im liking the look of those lumos and bumps in it. May steel our ideas and make a weir cover if i move my tank next week :good:

Hello again,
Just an update for you all, haven't had time to do much more to tank what with putting christmas decorations up and coming down with a sickness bug :(

EPSN3755.JPG

side view

EPSN3762.JPG

EPSN3759.JPG

Front view

EPSN3760.JPG

I am going to build out the outcrops abit more, what do you think?

Cheers

Hi Charlie I thought you'd got lost.
Well well well you haven't finished yet eh, what are you like. Excuses excuses tut tut.
Seriously build the crags out somewhat more, its looking really great. You dont have to pile the LR up the centre in a mound, you can go off to the left and right and bring the crags out more and be visible. Should look stunning when complete. Maybe before Christmas. LOL
Now mines mature I dont even clean behind it any more, you want to see the pods skipping about all over it. I was advised not to make this in the early days because it would become a detrius trap and nitrates would rocket. I'm finding quite the contrary I think it contributes greatly to the whole eco system and the balance of the tank in general as it provides a haven for pods which feed off the rock both on and behind. I have also seen small brittle stars and bristle worms in and out of it not only looks good IMO but provides a home and shelter for numerous species of marine life.
Keep up the good work
Regards
BigC

Thanks for the comments Big C.
I want it finished before christmas as I want it filled with water and live rock so I can let nature take its course over the festive period.
Can you believe this, I can buy silicone through work and it costs me about £2.50 for a 310ml tube of aquarium silicone, I had ran out of the stuff the other day and decided to go to a local fish shop to buy a tube thinking i would probably pay about £4.00 per tube how wrong was I!!!!!!!
£9.95 the woman behind the counter said I nearly had kittens.I didn't buy any I decided to wait till work got it in.
So people if you want any silicone give me a shout.

Cheers

Put me down for a couple of cartridges Charlie if you will.
Thanks
BigC

No problems mate will do, I'll let you know when it comes in and I'll get the details of where to send it.
Many Thanks Charlie
Regards
BigC

Hi Guys
I'm also new to this and hope someone can help me with a question.
I have bought the TL550 and cant figure out how the "moon lights" work, i have two buttons on hood one is for main lights and the other i assumed was for the moon lights, i cant seem to get them to come on and think they are broke, is there something simple i'm overlooking? and i cant see any uv device, i have a pump in first chamber, filter material in second, heater in third and skimmer and large sponge in fourth.
sorry guys i'm just not understanding where my uv is and my moon lights.
cheers

Hi Guys
I'm also new to this and hope someone can help me with a question.
I have bought the TL550 and cant figure out how the "moon lights" work, i have two buttons on hood one is for main lights and the other i assumed was for the moon lights, i cant seem to get them to come on and think they are broke, is there something simple i'm overlooking? and i cant see any uv device, i have a pump in first chamber, filter material in second, heater in third and skimmer and large sponge in fourth.
sorry guys i'm just not understanding where my uv is and my moon lights.
cheers

Hi alder30 :hi:

Your are correct about the buttons, I have the same tank and my moonlights only worked for few weeks then stopped, not sure if its a fault on tank or not, but it hasn't affected mine at all and I don't have any moonlights now :good:

The UV device is within the powerhead you won't be able to see it, have a look at the beginning of this thread there is a lot of info as to what is where. :good:

Apologies for the hi jack of thread :blush:

Welcome to the salty side Alder, start a new thread so that we can help you. But as my little sis, Trod says read both Charlie's and our thread to help you out with those setting up questions.

Look forward to seeing you progress - in your own thread of course :good:

Charlie, looking good m8, wish I had followed BigC with the wall, I absolutly hate the black back drop of my 550

Seffie x

:fish:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back