Boyu Tl 550

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
Well people the moment i've been dreaming of, after 6 packs of media, 2 tubes of silicone, countless hours of fun doing the most difficult jigsaw of my entire life I have eventually finished it!!!!!!!!!
EPSN3784.JPG

Not wanting to over do it I have settled on the following outcrops:
EPSN3785.JPG

Pictures of it lay flat don't do it justice I will post some pics of it in tank tomorow. Well i'm off to bed im shattered.
Goodnight all
:good:

Well well well, you finally managed to finish it Charlie, How do you feel about it, Tell me your not utterly pleased with your efforts.
It looks really well and I cant wait to see it inside your tank. It will take some time to mature ofcourse but it sure makes a change from black and blue backgrounds.
I think as time goes on you will appreciate your efforts here all the more
Get those pics up ASAP, Very well done!
Regards
BigC

Hello again,
Here are the pictures of the backdrop in the tank, I have mixed feelings about the finished product, I look at it one minute and think it looks good then other times I think I could of put a bit more media on, I guess that's just me being fussy but how far do you go??
Anyway I'll let you lot be the judge of it give me your honest opinion.

EPSN3791.JPG

EPSN3788.JPG

EPSN3787.JPG

Well if I get round to it this week I might fill it :hyper:

It will look great once everythings in there believe me, you gotta see into the future..plan well.
Its really good
Regards
BigC

Hi Folks! Ive been watching this post and others like BigC's for a little while now sitting on the side lines and enjoying every minute of it..so i used to do FW for years and i always meant to invest in Marine but either never had the money or the space and so on..well ive took the plunge recently and bought myself one of those Buyo tl 550 tanks so i just wanted to say hi and to ask you guys to be prepared to be earbashed something rotten when i take collection of it in the next week or so :unsure:

Keep up the good work this forum has made it a lot easier for me to understand!

Welcome Kipperhips :good:
I too was in your shoes not so long ago and I haven't even filled mine with water yet!!!
The people on here are really helpful as you will find out for yourself they have helped me alot.

Have fun!!

Welcome to the salty side Kipper, start your own thread so we can follow your progress and help out when needed :good:

Seffie x

:fish:

Looking good Charlie, it will be worth all the effort, i'm very jealous - what are your plans now?

Seffie x

Well people the time has come I plan to fill the tank tomorrow, but before I do I need some advice on the filtration, Seffie & Trod you have the same tank so I'm counting on you here :good:

From left to right.
1st chamber = pump, UV
2nd chamber = heater
3rd chamber = nothing at the minute but I plan to grow Chaeto in there with lighting of course
4th chamber = sponge & skimmer

firstly is this right??
I know it won't be that important at the moment with it just having water in it so I have a few days to sort it out before I put Live rock in.
:shout:

Well people the time has come I plan to fill the tank tomorrow, but before I do I need some advice on the filtration, Seffie & Trod you have the same tank so I'm counting on you here :good:

From left to right.
1st chamber = pump, UV
2nd chamber = heater
3rd chamber = nothing at the minute but I plan to grow Chaeto in there with lighting of course
4th chamber = sponge & skimmer

That's how Trod has hers set up except she has taken out the skimmer now. Mine is slightly different, 1st is the same, 2nd I have live rock and some rowphos, 3rd heater, 4th no sponge (nitrate factory), skimmer

firstly is this right??
I know it won't be that important at the moment with it just having water in it so I have a few days to sort it out before I put Live rock in.
:shout: it's exciting isn't it :nod:

Seffie x

From left to right.
1st chamber = pump, UV Yep Me too
2nd chamber = heater Yep again
3rd chamber = nothing at the minute but I plan to grow Chaeto in there with lighting of course I have live rock rubble and rowphos in here
4th chamber = sponge & skimmer No skimmer but have kept sponge which I rinse out every couple of weeks

firstly is this right??
:shout:

I have today eventually filled my tank, well 3/4 of it anyway! :drool:
Everything is running except the skimmer and the lights, I decided to buy the water pre-mixed from my LFS cost me £20.00 in total.I have bought 10kg of live rock which I collect on Sunday, which I cant wait! :hyper:
Here's some pictures for you enjoy :rolleyes:

EPSN3825.JPG

EPSN3833.JPG

EPSN3831.JPG

I will keep you updated over the weekend.

Weyhey. :kana:
We're underway.
Liverock ordered yet C and dont forget the test kits. I found Salifert to be the best.
You'll need ones for Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, Calcium, Magnesium,Alkalinity and pH. To begin with quite an expense but well worth the outlay.
Well Charlie gonna have a substrate or not. Backgrounds lookin good from where I'm sittin.
Looks like your gettin a good flow from the Koralia. (is that the Nano or the No.1)
Premixed water is gonna work out pretty expensive in the long run you know. And it pays to have some extra around just in case of emergencies.
Comming along nicely though
Regards
BigC

Thanks Big C,
I collect my liverock tomorrow morning. I have bought basic test kit went for the API reef kit Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate and PH, Will buy the rest over the festive break.
I do plan to have a substrate I'll get that once my rock is in place,As for the Koralia i'm not sure which one it is it came with the tank.
I do eventually plan to buy a RO unit just for ease and quickness I decided to buy the water couldn't bear the thought of waiting any longer to fill it.
I feel all that time spent setting up is worth it now and can't wait to see it progress.
Cheers
David

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back