Bonsai Guppies....

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
8,209
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Location
South Africa
'tis really not my fault, but sometimes in early February this year, I moved all the fish out my one stand containing 6 tanks to other tanks and on completion, I simply unplugged the stand (heaters/lights and filtration) and forgot about the stand for later use.....

Now, the water has evaporated to little more than an inch deep, I've decided to refurbish this stand and put it to use again. When I switched the lights back on, the one tank had 17 guppy fry in it....All in good shape... (not deformed or anything) but the size (and mental ability) of 2 week olds......

If they now start living the "normal" life that they were destined for, (regular feedings/heaters/lights and aeration) I wonder if they'll turn out to be regular sized specimens?? (I'm trully sorry babies, but I really did not notice ye.)
 
I'll wait for someone else to answer this, but i'd guess there growth has been stunted myself...
 
That is alot of time to survive without food, poor little darlings, At least they are being looked after now. i assume they will be fine when they get regular food. The light and heating probably won't have been noticed, most guppies don't really need to be heated if they at normal room temp.

Hope all turns out OK, Keep us all informed :)
 
i have made that mistake in the past, set something up, turned it off to rescape ad forgot bout it. come back and everything is stil alive -its amazing.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top