Boiling Pebbles...

o dear god lol :sick:

They are just like any other plants and most are perfectly edible. I collected the algae for the soup with a couple of my vietnamese step-aunties :unsure: and it came from a mountain stream with very pure water was very picturesque. Went down with my step brothers and caught wild bettas and loaches as well was very strange.
 
I bet most of you are eating algae and dont even know it. carageenan (sp) is common ingredient in things like ice cream added as a natural thickener. check some ingredient lists on your food and you'll see.
 
I bet most of you are eating algae and dont even know it. carageenan (sp) is common ingredient in things like ice cream added as a natural thickener. check some ingredient lists on your food and you'll see.

Kelp.... from the sea is a known marine algea, and it is generally served at many restaurants..... I don't think it can be bad for health.....
 
I boil my gravel too when I clean out a tank. It's the only sure way I can seem to get rid of snails. But, even though escargot is considered a delicacy by some, I don't eat them. :X

:D
 

Most reactions

Back
Top