Boiling Pebbles...

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
8,209
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Location
South Africa
Uhm!.... Have this hairy algea growing on the pebbles in one tank... I've taken it out washed & scrubbed it, but cannot get rid of the "spores"..... it keeps coming back after a week..... I have now resorted to boiling the pebbles... (Often heard of people doing it, but never thought I'd do it meself)!.... It is currently 15 minutes to midnight here in SA, so hopefully the neighbours won't see me doing it.

Testing004.jpg
 
*cough* ive done it :(

and i chucked one into the BBQ and it cracked everywhere =/

play it safe lol ^^
 
Wow, hes not replied. Lets hope it didnt go to wrong and caused bad problems :crazy:
 
Wow, hes not replied. Lets hope it didnt go to wrong and caused bad problems :crazy:

Looks like a nice green pea soup.... very tempted to try it.... apparently there are a lot of protiens in algea... Staple diet in some countries.
 
I had algae soup in vietnam was quite nice tasted a bit like broccoli soup and quite heavily spiced with dry chillies.
 
i boiled my pebbles in an old huge metal washing pot on the barbeque in the garden - none exploded but i was inside the house and the barbeque was 110 ft from the house half way up the garden --- also did it at mums lol
 

Most reactions

Back
Top