Bogwood Tanning

Ace Of Spades

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
2,794
Reaction score
3
Points
38
Location
GB
Just a quick question sorry if its been asked befpre, But does the color/tanning hurt or harm the fish in any way at all?

Just that I like the color of it and whens its not got that tinge its too white..........

Many thanks
Ace Of Spades
 
if you have enough of it, it may lower the pH slightly, but odds are unless you're keeping african cichlids and you have the tank rammed full of bogwood (which im pretty sure no one would do) then it wont do any harm at all
some fish, mainly south american and other softwater / low pH species, will greatly appreciate it
the colour it gives the water isnt generally to a lot of peoples tastes but this is the only drawback
 
I don't mind the color at all and I'm sure my cardinals dig it. With all the mopani wood I have, I became used to it.

I think its nice the coloring as it looks warm, but Only slightly tinted not full of brown xD


Thanks for the help
 

Most reactions

Back
Top