• Both

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pleco-Heaven

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I need some top dwellers for my 23 gal tank because nobody makes use of the top level. I have narrowed it down to the fish I have listed, Molly because it is good with firemouths(dither, fry good livefood) and boamansi (grandad(ex-long time fish keeper) recommeded Rainbows and boamansi is biggest I can find). I have brought this up cause when I was at the shop to get some meds, I saw the Rainbows, and I probably will never find them again, so hoping to go tomorrow or Thursday. Don't say my tank is overstocked cause as stated above the top of the tank is empty-all the fish I have stay at the bottom-middle, even the tiger barbs. And the firemouths will get moved to a bigger tank when there too big. Also how big a group should I get? Is there a better suited top dwelling fish I could get? Also remmember I want shoaling fish.
Thanks.

Boesmani need to be kept in groups of 3 and are larger and need more swimming room than mollies.

I don't think your tank is big enough for boesmani, so mollies for me (depending on sex and other stock, of course).

I voted other. Hatchetfish would be a good choice. :)

The tank is 3 foot long and 1 foot wide. Thats around 7-9 times an adults size for swimming room. And Ive heard a fish needs at least 4 inch turning around room and it has 7 or 8.
And I might have seen Hatchets, I'll have a look at them on the net now.

Pleco-Heaven said:
Aren't they a bit small (hatchets), I don't want them to be thought of as food when the firemouths get bigger.
They get bigger than mollies, just not as fat. Silver ones get to 2" across as well as going down far.

Pleco-Heaven said:
The tank is 3 foot long and 1 foot wide. Thats around 7-9 times an adults size for swimming room. And Ive heard a fish needs at least 4 inch turning around room and it has 7 or 8.
Didn't you notice this bit cheese? I've got Two filters (fluval+UGF) That both do an excellent job. What more do you want?

Pleco-Heaven said:
Pleco-Heaven said:
Didn't you notice this bit cheese? I've got Two filters (fluval+UGF) That both do an excellent job. What more do you want?
Well, I was under the impression that you wanted our opinions:

But I need the master opinion of you lot cause I might go and do somthing stupid.

No? Wonder where I got that idea? :/

Boesmani (and other rainbowfish) need more room than other fish of their size to swim, I think your size of tank would be pushing it and so I made another suggestion.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back