Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boamansi Rainbowfish

• Both

• Other

• Total voters
Good point, but I still think 3 or 4 would have enough room to swim around, plus I didn't mention that all the fish in there hardly ever go past the half way mark, so they've got half the tank to themselves. I don't want to start an arguement here. I know your just trying to help.
It looks like the boesmani is in the lead, still need some reasons though. I hink I'm going tommorow.

Pleco-Heaven said:
So yours isn't, maybe their just exceptions. Who's boasmani's are??
God, you do get shirty! I have had more than one, they IME are middle dwelling. I am looking at mine now and he's actually lower than that.

It's up to you, would you prefer I said it would be fine and you are right? :dunno:

theres a bit more to considder than there being enough room for an adult fish to be able to turn around you know,,, i also agree your tank is slightly too small.

Just do whatever you want, people are giving their opinions and you are snapping at them. :sly:

My rainbow when first introduced was at top, now only goes up there to eat. Stays in middle most of the time. :unsure:

Just flip a coin! :rofl:

Tanks is too small for shoal of rainbows :grr:

Alright, I'm probably going to piss you off a bit.....
buuuuuuuut....(that is how I meant BUT to sound like :* )

I wouldn't suggest that you get any more fish at all! You already have 5 firemouth cichlids in a 23 gallon TANK.......woah man....no matter if you had 20 filters on the darn tank that just simply isn't enough room for those guys! I also noticed you have a RTBS also. I think you should maybe just slow down a bit.....you've got plenty of fish for that small of a tank!

My advice would be to just plain and simply not get anymore fish until you can get a bigger one for all them there cichlids you've got your hands on.

Then and only then would I suggest getting more fish, and I wouldn't suggest Rainbows either if you are looking for top dwellers. I have some Melanotaenia Rainbows (New Guniea Rainbows) and they are also only mid dwellers to slightly bottom.....they do not swim at the top either except to snap at some food and they don't even like to do that! :no: Although dwarf gouramis would be nice and they do stay at the top quite a bit.....but only get them when you have room for them ;)

Sorry mate :/
Just MHO....take it or leave it! :D

Edit> I changed my caps to italics because heresmike pointed out that it looks like I am shouting when really I'm not trying to :S

Well said silver :clap:

I agree about the tank being overstocked as it is but I figured he must be rehoming some of those fish before even considering getting more fish.

Thanks Cheese ;) (my favorite food :*) )

I just can't leave an opportunity like that slip by......I mean....when someone is actually ASKING for advice....it's okay to tell them then right??? :unsure: :look:

;)

silver said:
Thanks Cheese ;) (my favorite food :*) )

I just can't leave an opportunity like that slip by......I mean....when someone is actually ASKING for advice....it's okay to tell them then right??? :unsure: :look:

;)
Well he knows what I think of his overstocking and stupid stocking already and moans about it every now and again, eh? ;)

Some people just don't want to know.

silver said:
Alright, I'm probably going to piss you off a bit.....
BUT....

I wouldn't suggest that you get ANY more fish at all!!!!!! You already have FIVE firemouth cichlids in a 23 gallon TANK.......woah man....no matter if you had 20 filters on the darn tank that just simply isn't enough room for those guys!! I also noticed you have a RTBS also. I think you should maybe just slow down a bit.....you've got PLENTY of fish for that small of a tank!

My advice would be just plain and simply DON'T get anymore fish until you can get a bigger one for all them there cichlids you've got your hands on!!!!

THEN and only then would I suggest getting more fish, and I wouldn't suggest Rainbows either if you are looking for top dwellers. I have some Melanotaenia Rainbows (New Guniea Rainbows) and they are also ONLY mid dwellers to slightly bottom.....they do not swim at the top either except to snap at some food and they don't even like to do that! :no: Although dwarf gouramis would be nice and they do stay at the top quite a bit.....but only get them when you have room for them ;)

Sorry mate :/
Just MHO....take it or leave it! :D
Have you been takeing lessons from Cheese on how to piss people off saying they're tank is overstocked. But seriously though If you look at my tank nobody goes past the halfway mark and at the bottom theres still about half of that area with room to swim. So theres enough room to fit 3 or 4 more fish in there and they would also be shoaling. But If there is phisically no room left then what size should the firemouths be when there moved and how big a tank would I need and what should I move to the bigger tank. I still think I have loads of room left for 3 or 4 Boamansis/mollies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back