Blue ram addition

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Negseven

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
just added this blue ram, loves cruising around with the clown loaches (is it a German blue ram?)
8246E6CA-8821-4C6C-8A14-A6929D4DB0B7.jpeg

Beautiful!
How big is your tank and what else is with them?

I am not experienced with rams but TO ME it looks like a German ram.
Also, your tank seems pretty small for the clown loaches. They will get 12 inches and need to be in large aquariums of over 100 gallons

I am not experienced with rams but TO ME it looks like a German ram.
Also, your tank seems pretty small for the clown loaches. They will get 12 inches and need to be in large aquariums of over 100 gallons
Yep thanks for heads up on loaches, will be getting a bigger tank when they grow…

Blue rams are linebred, designer fish. If they were bred in Germany, where they first came out, they're German Blue... Odds are they are Singapore, Malaysian or Thai blues now...

The actual fish is from Venezuela and Colombia.

Beautiful fish but hard to keep - needs soft water, high temperatures and very low nitrates. Could struggle when just added to a tank rather than one planned with it in mind.

Clown Loaches do grow big as mentioned but they do grow very slowly. Marge the Clown Loach is the famous giant but she was very very old. They are also easy to rehome as they grow if your upgrade plans dont work. Bit more worried about your Angels though a 33 is not a great size so if you can get to a deep 4 foot tank sooner than later that would be great all around.

Wills

temp should be around 82; but you're in luck as both the rams and clowns will enjoy such. All three species like the same water conditions - soft leaning but not required acidic. My clowns reached 5 to 6 inches after 2 1/2 years but they seem to be growing a bit slower now. Also sex makes a big difference with both clowns and angels; small female angels; large clown loach femals. Last but least there are several collection location for clown loaches and there are slight differences in them including size and intensity of the orange. In addition to colleciton location females tend to be more dull and males lighter.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back