Blue Lighting

I think yours was the thread I read through last actually. Do you need to shield them from water splashes?

I have a Juwel tank so don't have a condesation tray as the flu tubes have slash resistance connector caps.

I have used a condensation tray on mine, it should not be a problem as the LEDS are only low voltage (12V) so there should not be a problem.

I am thinking the same thing for my Trigon 190 for additional lighting. I was going to get some clear Perspex half round to put over the lights to keep condensation off them.

This looks great :cool: and could be the answer to getting my Sterbais out before black out but I too am technically inept. :crazy: With my Jewel Vision 260 could I got this altered or would I have to replace the whole of the top of the tank?

This looks great :cool: and could be the answer to getting my Sterbais out before black out but I too am technically inept. :crazy: With my Jewel Vision 260 could I got this altered or would I have to replace the whole of the top of the tank?

You could alter the top, maybe I should go into production of these LOL

No chance of me being able to do this. May ask in my LFS

they will probably charge a fortune, all you would need would be a couple of self tappers to attach the light into the cover and then put a condensation cover over it.

I am going to investigate a way to do it on my Trigon 190 and will post my findings on here if you want?

its hardly fair on the fish is it ?

my intention is to give them the correct light , not one i *fancy*

they will probably charge a fortune, all you would need would be a couple of self tappers to attach the light into the cover and then put a condensation cover over it.

I am going to investigate a way to do it on my Trigon 190 and will post my findings on here if you want?

That would be great, Id appreciate that :good:

all you would need would be a couple of self tappers to attach the light into the cover and then put a condensation cover over it.
double sided tape =)

Most led/effects lighting is to better imitate the natural light cycle. The sun doesn't instantly appear over head or set just as quickly. And the water courses where the fish are found aren't always in total darkness at night.

degsod, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you spend on your custom lighting rig?

I spent about £33 for 5 x 3W Blue and 5x3W White LEDS, 10x Heatsinks and 10 x Powerdrivers. This was delivered airmail from Hong Kong.

I used 5 white and 3 blue, I have been experimenting since and I can use 1 power driver for 3 LED's and I don't need the heatsinks as the unistrut acts as a perfect heatsink.

Hope this helps

all you would need would be a couple of self tappers to attach the light into the cover and then put a condensation cover over it.
double sided tape =)

Does not work very well, I have tried it before and the condensation eventuall causes it to drop off. Also I am using Unistrut which would be too heavy for tape.

Most led/effects lighting is to better imitate the natural light cycle. The sun doesn't instantly appear over head or set just as quickly. And the water courses where the fish are found aren't always in total darkness at night.

I agree, at night it does not go pitch black.

Agreed. The whole point of a couple of hours of blue light is to recreate natural conditions.

Agreed. The whole point of a couple of hours of blue light is to recreate natural conditions.

I am going to look at dimming options so I can recreate sunrise and sunset might also invest in some red led's as well.

Indeed it is.

There is however another benefit to it - No, not just that it looks good and brings colours out - But it allows you to see you precious fish without promoting algal growth.

I reduced the amount of daylight when I installed my evening LED's and it had a good impact on algae.

Also bear in mind - If you cant get a dimmer - you can still adjust the voltage. - Just watch out though coz some LEDs only work at a set voltage.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back