Blue acara Fry questions

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

joel08

Reaction score
Hi just wanted to know if I can keep a pair of Electric Blue and normal Blue acara cichlids in with their fry? Or separate mum and dad with fry?

I think the Electric Blue male is a hydrid itself and I need to know; as it is quite aggressive to other fish whether it is safe to remove the Male parent while keeping the female Blue acara in with the fry? The female is the main parent showing fry protection wheras the male doesn't really care but occassionally visits the cave where they have hatched. Is it safe to keep only one parent the Mum with the fry or will she eat them if on her own? I'm worried the dad may get aggressive toward fry and eat them.

I also need to know if I should remove the cave as feeding them will be a problem, food may not be reaching all the fry inside. Will the cave removal scare the parents into eating the fry or will it be ok? Need URGENT help please. Appreciate any kind answers.

Hi just wanted to know if I can keep a pair of Electric Blue and normal Blue acara cichlids in with their fry? Or separate mum and dad with fry?

I think the Electric Blue male is a hydrid itself and I need to know; as it is quite aggressive to other fish whether it is safe to remove the Male parent while keeping the female Blue acara in with the fry? The female is the main parent showing fry protection wheras the male doesn't really care but occassionally visits the cave where they have hatched. Is it safe to keep only one parent the Mum with the fry or will she eat them if on her own? I'm worried the dad may get aggressive toward fry and eat them.

I also need to know if I should remove the cave as feeding them will be a problem, food may not be reaching all the fry inside. Will the cave removal scare the parents into eating the fry or will it be ok? Need URGENT help please. Appreciate any kind answers.
I've found with my kribensis that they will grab food and then spit it out over their babies to feed them. so I cant answer your other questions about separating but I can say that food likely wont be an issue as I'd assume acara would also ensure that their babies get food.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back