Bloated pleco

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Elephant nose 4

Fish Crazy
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Hi looking for advice, I have a king tiger pleco l066 had her for a year. I rarely see her out and about so I put her food in last night at lights out and she came out and her belly is huge! I'm not to sure what to do about her but feed deshelled peas and fast
Any help would be appreciated

Hi
Yep I have wood in the tank haven't seen her on it but she doesn't come out during the day.

Pictures of the fish?
Is the fish still eating well?
What does its poop look like?

How often do you do water changes and how much do you change?
Do you gravel clean the substrate when you do a water change?

How often and how do you clean the filter?
When was the filter last cleaned?

Hi
I'll try and get a picture of her not easy as she hides in her cave but I'll try.
She's eating really well no issues.
Haven't seen her poop I have been trying to but not seen yet.

I give the tank a 50% clean weekly.
I don't disturb the sand when cleaning.
Filters are cleaned every 2 weeks in used tank water, they are due rinsed this week.
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5
Ph 7.2
Temp 26.4

Hi
Tried to take a couple of pics she's not very happy lol theres no scales sticking out and shes pooping ok.
20200512_150127.jpg
20200512_145849.jpg

I can’t tell from those photos...

Have you observed her eating in any way? If she is still pooping, she is still eating.

She's eating fine, I usually put her food outside her cave and she comes out to eat then goes back in. I'm wondering if shes just eating to much? She gets an algae wafer every night sometimes with bloodworm (not a lot but I do feed my elephant noses with it as well) and twice a week I put veg in for her instead of the wafer. Thank you for your help. I'm still trying to get another picture.

She's eating fine, I usually put her food outside her cave and she comes out to eat then goes back in. I'm wondering if shes just eating to much? She gets an algae wafer every night sometimes with bloodworm (not a lot but I do feed my elephant noses with it as well) and twice a week I put veg in for her instead of the wafer. Thank you for your help. I'm still trying to get another picture.
You might try to reduce feeding once every other night. That might help.

That's what I was thinking, I'm going to put nothing into the tank tonight I'm sure they'll be fine, could I reduce her algae wafers to maybe 3 times a week? As my elephants eat bloodworm daily and I'm sure she'll be helping herself to that as well.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back